News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AQT score app found

Started by B.C., May 19, 2015, 09:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

The play store no longer carries an AQT scoring app for Android - or I just could not find it. I did find this one though:

http://www.1mobile.com/appleseed-aqt-score-257784.html

I installed it, it looks alright. Anyone know of a better one? Thanks!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

theri

mecreos. 

Did you try the app to see if it worked correctly?

I downloaded and installed this app on my cell phone.  It installed fine but when I try to open the app is shows Unfortunately, AppleseedAQTScore has stopped.  My phone is using Android version 5.0 which may be the problem.

Does anyone know how to get this app "started" again?

Thank you for your assistence.

Terry

Whiskey Tango 9

B.C.

The app works pretty good on my phone - I test scored a couple of pictures of completed AQT's with it I found on the net. There's no instructions and it took me a minute to figure out. I have a newer phone with Android 4.4 running on it - not sure why yours may not run the app Terry.

The app is pretty simple. It starts with stage one and automatically runs through stage 4. You press the buttons 0 3 4 or 5 corresponding to the bullet hole counts in the scoring areas of the target. The app will calculate a score for each stage as you move through the counts then generate a total score at the top compared to the possible score. Pretty simple.

You may trying uninstalling the app, restarting your phone and re-installing. Or simply rebooting your phone to see if the program will fire up.

Chris

emkay

I have the AQT Calc app on my iPhone and it works quite well. I have two issues with it; one  is that it won't clear after scoring an AQT. I have to close the app and re-open it to get it to clear for the next one. The other issue is that it does not give totals for each stage. It only gives the 'grand' total for the entire AQT.

Other than those two details, I love using it. When there's a large group of shooters, it makes for a quick and easy way to accurately tally scores.
You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington

theri

Chris

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  I think that Android 5.0 is why I can not get this app to work.  My previous phone had Android 4.4 and everything worked fine.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Guntuckian

It works fine on Android 4.4.4, but likely has not been updated for the very latest versions of Android.

--gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

B.C.

I spent some time searching the web for another android app - alas, no results. There is one for i phone I found: http://www.soft-go.com/iphone/aqt-calc-for-iphone_6325.html
Terry - if all else fails I see that both of us will be at the St Augustine shoot........you're welcome to use my phone  :)

Chris

TimBeatty

I had it on my phone and hated it. Every time my phone went either horizontal or vertical it wiped out what I was working on. Sitting in a chair at the range it was hard to keep the phone level.
Tim Beatty

TheMenace

I found the same problem with my iPhone on iOS 6.0+ (will not clear scores).
I also have an older iPad running iOS 4.0 and AQT Calc runs fine there.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9