News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

just a four shooter event?

Started by PHenry, May 18, 2015, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

In seeing how few were signed up for last weekend's Clearwater event, I was a bit off-put. Any seasoned SB knows well that working a 30 shooter event is not really any more effort than a four shooter event. It's tough to get fired up for such an event, but in seeing what happened, I have to say, it's still well worth the effort expended. You just never know where the next "9mm4545" or Alkeford is going to come from.

See what one oft he two adult shooters had to say:
QuoteI can only attest what an awesome event this was! My expectations were surpassed by a WIDE margin! This is my first time at an Appleseed event - I read about it via CMP site, and decided to try it.

First of all, the event was extremely well organized. Timing was well spent in between historical lessons (very animated and not at least boring!) and actual marksmanship instructions and hands-on lessons. The lead instructor (PHenry) kept the perfect pace, flanked with Emkay and inSANEmom. I cannot say enough praises about how well these guys run the event. We had two junior shooters, and not even once they were out of a watchful eye of at least one instructor, keeping them and everyone else safe.

PHenry was excellent as an instructor, proving that even his gunsmithing/troubleshooting skills are equally superb. You can certainly tell when someone really enjoys being an Appleseed instructor!

I will look for another event (scheduling permitting etc)

Ogi

Now this fellow was fairly quiet and such men are harder to read, but it did seem like he was enjoying himself. Just goes to show - if they show up, they deserve our very best, no matter how few they are.

Further, where we had zero pre-regs for the next HSC event, we now have four - all four who attended this event. Lesson learnt. Never let up - never give in. Even if only one person shows up - you just never know. Could be the next on-fire Appleseeder, ready to take up the torch of Liberty and spread her light far and wide.

We need to stay the course, even when it looks dark.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

malabar

We need to stay the course, even when it looks dark.

Once again, PHenry shows that his promotion to MI has well-earned.

There is one way, and one way only, to save the country: Get out there and make a difference. 

The great Winston Churchill is perhaps the most articulate spokesman of all time for those who must struggle against the odds, outnumbered and outgunned.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

It is easy to say to ourselves: There are only four people signed up for this shoot, it is not worth my time.  And yet, one of those four people could be the next Isaac Davis -- or John Basilone.  Never heard of John Basilone? He grew up a few miles from where I did.  Little Italian kid, about 5' 5."  In world War II, he and two other guys held off 3,000 Japanese troops at the battle of Guadalcanal.  Nope, I didn't add an extra "0." They were outnumbered 1,000 to one. And they won.

Never underestimate what a single man (or woman) can do. The lone shooter at your next Appleseed could be the one who turns the battle around.

Or YOU might be.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

PHenry

Another of Churchill's:

"When you are going through Hell - keep on going"   O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

inSANEmom

Excellent perspective and right on point. Thank you.
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

Sly223

In Myakka those are big pre-reg #'s
Starting to come back around1 ..:..
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!