News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO May 16-17 2015

Started by 209Ken, May 18, 2015, 12:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Thanks to everyone who came out to Bench Rest Rifle Club this weekend. You were not scared off by the rainy forecast, and it paid off - 3 Riflemen!

Our first AQT on Saturday was done in the pouring rain, but then the clouds parted and the sun came out. So we shot a second AQT, when the scores were counted up, Ray had a score of 210 - our first Rifleman!!   :) Since we were all still soaking wet from the rain, I didn't see the need in dunking him in the water from under the North Bridge.

Sunday's forecast was for rain with the possibility of severe storms. Well, a storm did roll through, but it was around 5 AM and that was it. It turned out to be a beautiful day.
Early Sunday, Ray scored a 216 on an AQT to show that his first Rifleman score was not a fluke. (I knew it wasn't)  :cool2:

After lunch, Matt put it all together and scored a 221 on a bolt action rifle! Quite impressive. ^:)^

Now, all day on Sunday Ashley was shooting 200+ on her AQT's, but couldn't quite get over the threshold. At the end of the day, she finally earned her patch with a score of 210. Since it didn't rain on us Sunday, there was some water involved as she received her Rifleman Patch.  >:D Thanks Ashley for being such a good sport.

Thanks to the instructors who came out, Survival Doc, Borderraid, M-Dawg, and SoundMoney. (And of course Emily who was my unofficial Blue Hat) You guys all made this Appleseed Shoot a safe, fun event.

These are just a few of the highlights of the weekend, there were lots of good times, and much improvement shown by all. Please add your comments and pictures. I will add pictures in the coming days.
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

It was a little rainy on Saturday

Survival Doc going over Inches, Minutes, Clicks

Ray, our lone Rifleman on Saturday

Emily going over Instructional Points with M-Dawg Sunday morning

Youth shooter - Way to go Declan!

Rifleman Matt, good job!

Finally! Ashley earns her patch. Well done.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

connibear

Looks like it was a great event. Congrats to our new riflemen-women.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

BurntByBrass

We had a group of 10 meet up for this Appleseed event (all brought together and organized by Matt - BlackThunder).  We chose this event because of the location (Bench Rest is the best  ;)) and because we have been to a couple of 209Ken's Appleseed events in the past and we really like his style and his instructors (Survival Doc, Borderraid, M-Dawg, SoundMoney and Emily too).  O0

Our group wants to shout out a great big 'Thank You' to Ken and to ALL the instructors who assisted us during our shoot. They always have a keen eye and are very helpful with instruction and advice.  You all Rock!! :bow:

This is NOT our last Appleseed even for sure.  We each have a Rifleman score to improve upon and can't think of a better group to do it with.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin

"I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
― Ronald Reagan

"When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom."
― Thomas Paine

BurntByBrass

Future young Appleseeders in the making!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
― Ronald Reagan

"When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom."
― Thomas Paine

blackthunder

Here is my very first rifleman score of 221 (only took 4 Appleseeds) with my cleared red coat target. 

Second pic is my best score of the day of 226.

Rifle used was a bolt action BRNO Model 1 made in 1951 with a 3x9 scope.

blackthunder

After getting soaked the first day, we went home and had a cleaning party!

BurntByBrass

Ashley getting the obligatory dunk after earning her patch.

― Ronald Reagan

― Thomas Paine

BurntByBrass

Mother/Daughter & Husband/Wife Rifleman.
All 4 of us earned our patch at the Bench Rest Rifle Club under Ken's instruction.  Thanks Ken!
20150517_155311 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Future Appleseeders with their Rifleman daddy.
20150517_140629 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

New Rifleman in the house. Woot! Woot!  Ashley worked so hard for this but she will be back to improve her score.
20150517_152936 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Fun shot of part of our group at the end of day 2.  We had a blast!   ^:)^
20150517_155143 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Mother & Daughter Bonding
IMG_0315 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Mother & Son Bonding
IMG_0319 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Father & Son Bonding
IMG_0316 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Even the pouring rain and puddles didn't stop them.   ^-^
IMG_0439 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

IMG_0437 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

First Appleseed, First Day and Ray earned his patch.  Day 2 he improved his score.  Way to go Ray!
We are so glad you decided to join us at this event.
IMG_0321 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Second Appleseed for this guy.  So glad you decided to come back with us again.  Looking forward to the next one.  Thanks John.
IMG_0322 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Looking down the line.
IMG_0412 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

:) Tremendous Focus.  They were all in their bubble. 
Ray
IMG_0384 by Teresa Large, on Flickr
Ashley
IMG_0383 by Teresa Large, on Flickr
Matt
IMG_0382 by Teresa Large, on Flickr
John
IMG_0385 by Teresa Large, on Flickr
Matt & John
IMG_0409 by Teresa Large, on Flickr
Beth, Jake & John
IMG_0386 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Ashley checking her AQT between shots
IMG_0340 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

Group instruction.  The meat and potatoes.  These guys know their stuff.   :bow:
IMG_0366 by Teresa Large, on Flickr

― Ronald Reagan

― Thomas Paine