News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clearwater, FL 05/16,17/2015

Started by PHenry, May 18, 2015, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Great event - only four shooters, but still good. Weather was actually very nice - never really got hot enough to notice, least not for an ole Florida cracker like me. with a nearly one to one ratio, there was no shortage of individual attention available.

We enjoyed serious improvement across the board with Oggy taking high score of 198 and Kehnan right behind with a 186. Keep at it and you'll make score - at yer next event if u dry fire and attend another event within a couple weeks - say, at Hernando Sportsman's Club, just up US 19 a bit. Marksmanship is a perishable skill that requires regular doses of refreshing. No way to get to your max level without dry fire.

Ethan did very well and his dad, Jason is well on his way to scoring if he keeps at it.

Hope to see u all again real soon - I'll be at the HSC event weekend after next - come on up and get that patch! Huzaaah!

Thanks to my two fine IITs - Emkay and inSANEmom, without whom I would have actually had to work at this event.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

brokenscope795

I can only attest what an awesome event this was! My expectations were surpassed by a WIDE margin! This is my first time at an Appleseed event - I read about it via CMP site, and decided to try it.

First of all, the event was extremely well organized. Timing was well spent in between historical lessons (very animated and not at least boring!) and actual marksmanship instructions and hands-on lessons. The lead instructor (PHenry) kept the perfect pace, flanked with Emkay and inSANEmom. I cannot say enough praises about how well these guys run the event. We had two junior shooters, and not even once they were out of a watchful eye of at least one instructor, keeping them and everyone else safe.

PHenry was excellent as an instructor, proving that even his gunsmithing/troubleshooting skills are equally superb. You can certainly tell when someone really enjoys being an Appleseed instructor!

I will look for another event (scheduling permitting etc)

Ogi

PHenry

brokenscope,
Many thanks for the kind words, and also for signing up for another event! We'll see if we can't get you into a patch!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Dragon-Woods

I would have been there but had to work.

I think I recognize the father and son from the range. I saw them looking at my AQT target and we chatted a bit. I gave them a couple of AQTs because they were going to attend this event. And I proudly showed off my purple patch. The dad said, "Nice, they give these out at the end of the event". "No", I said, "they'll shake your hand. You have to earn this!".
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. It means you won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.

PHenry

give that man a "7th stepper star"!  O0

Dragon-Woods

A, "7th stepper star". Is that a good cigar? **)
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. It means you won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.

PHenry

Even better, as it helps save Lady Liberty! A really good cigar can only save the soul.  ^-^

emkay

I certainly hope to see you at the next event Ogi. You and I both have goals...you with your rifleman, me with my IIT2 status. I know we both can do it with PERSISTENCE!

Huzzaaaahhhh!
You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington