News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville IN May 16-17, 2015

Started by brianheeter, May 18, 2015, 12:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianheeter

I once again had the privilege of working an Appleseed shoot at the beautiful Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol Club in Nashville, IN.  Nine shooters ignored the weather forecast calling for scattered thundershowers all weekend and put their time in on the line and heard the history of the fight for liberty in The Colonies.

As I walked up and down the target line looking at the groups on Saturday morning I was amazed at how good they all looked with so little instruction.  Everyone was getting good work done right from the start.  A new rifleman was forged and some repeat offenders backed up previous work.

First, a big HUZZAH to Ben and Michael.  Both have attended Appleseed shoots previously.  Ben, who had shot a RM score before, scored a 212 on Saturday.  Michael shot a 210 -- not once but twice -- on Sunday to earn his patch.  Given the amount of rain that we all endured on Saturday it was decided not to douse Michael with water from the North Bridge.

Next, our very own TJ Kackowski requal'd multiple times throughout the weekend.  Not only is he an effective state coordinator but a pretty decent shot as well.

Finally, congratulations to Riflegirl who put the finishing touches on her PC4 telling some excellent history over the course of the weekend.  Next stop, a red hat!

Gavin and Luke, you two have what it takes you just have to put the pieces together.  Luke scored a 207 on two AQTs in a row and Gavin seemed to gain 10 points with each successive AQT.

Ginny, you have it in you.  Just a couple of kinks to work out and that patch will be yours.  Don't wait so long to come to another shoot!

Steve and Kim, it was great to have you on the line and I'm sorry that you weren't able to make it back for Sunday.  I hope to see you again soon.

Until next time,

HUZZAH!
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Beorn

Thank you Mr. Heeter, and Ms. Riflegirl, for a very enjoyable Appleseed weekend! Mr. Heeter, your instruction of everything Appleseed, was top notch. Ms. Riflegirl, you will make a great instructor one day. Keep up the good work! Mr. Kackowski, thank you for your constructive criticism. I appreciate it!

Once I get my support arm shoulder healed up, I'll be able to apply the techniques properly.

Thank you to everyone for a great weekend! I'll definitely be back!  :)

Gavin

TJ Kackowski

What a great weekend!  Fair weather, new friends, new riflemen, Instructor advancement, and new volunteer.  What else can a State Coordinator ask for?  A weekend to just kick back and be a student all weekend long?  I got that too!

We did manage to grab a few snapshots of the awards, so on to the pictures.

New Riflemen

Youth Awards

Those remaining at the end of Sunday ... we really need to remember to do a group photo on Saturday morning!

grunt soldier

That slim cat looks like he is going to be one heck of a instructor.  as always  Mr heeter looks like a dang fine shoot sir.  Huzzzzah!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Uncle Davey

Unfortunately he is not allowed to be one.
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Hop

I know Steve & Kim.  I actually work with Kim.  She had a great time even though they got soaking wet.  I think she'll be back again.  Steve is a car buddy / shooting buddy / IT buddy.  He's former .mil and I've seen him shoot ragged one hole groups at 100 yards.  I'm not sure what he scored that weekend but he' got rifleman in the blood for sure.

smiledochill

Brian, what are the youth awards?

brianheeter

The youth awards are patches that we give the under 18 attendees to show our appreciation for the choice they made to spend the weekend with us rather than on the couch with the X-Box.  It depicts William Diamond (I believe) who was the drummer boy on Lexington Green on the fateful morning of April 19, 1775.

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!