News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leroy IL May 16 and 17

Started by The Nailer, May 17, 2015, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nailer

18 shooters came out this weekend to share in marksmanship and history.  Each and every shooter really impressed me with the improvments they made throughout the weekend which yeilded 2 new riflemen and several knocking at the door and one new orange hat and also a blue hat .  It was just a really enjoyable group of fine Americans to spend time with.  I am looking forward to seeing any pictures everyone might have.

AK

It was another great Appleseed weekend!  I enjoyed working with Shooter 30.06, Nailer, RBKL, and a fantastic group of shooters. Congratulations to Henry and Alan, our two new Riflemen. ^:)^ Glad to have Alan and Wanda join out team, taking orange and blue hats.   O0 All our shooters came with teachable attitudes and made great progress. We had a great group of young patriots. I'll post pictures soon.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

Here are some of my pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Flyr521

I had some problems setting up an account on the forum yesterday.  First, didn't realize that my wife had an account setup that points to our most used email address.  Then, I tried setting up an account with our second email address which had a typo.  Instead of .com, I put left out the "o" and entered .cm.  So the registration process sent the activation to the bit bucket.  So, I changed my account name to Flyr521.

Nevertheless, I had a great time last weekend a the Appleseed event.  As always, any day shooting a gun is fun day.

Shooter30-06

This was a very nice group of shooters and instructors to work with (yes, even my wife AK :)).  Congratulations to Flyr521 for his Rifleman scores and taking an orange hat.  I think you did a lot better once we marked up your target board to remind you not to shoot your wife's target.  Has the surprise worn off yet to discover that North Bridge water comes bottled?  Congratulations also to Henry on his Rifleman's score.  Great job!!  Many thanks to the Leroy Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting this event.  This is definitely one of my favorite locations.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Purple Lotus

Just wanted to thank all of the shooters that came out to Leroy and endured the weather and sat in your cars and did not leave. I really appreciate your dedication and will address the issue at our next club meeting. I had a great time with a great bunch of wonderful Americans. Congrats to Alan and Wanda for taking Hats. Hope to be able to join the team in the future myself. I am also so proud of my godson Henry for getting his rifleman's patch. His mom is letting him upgrade is rifle, so now he has to get with a new rifle in the fall. I hope to see you all again. The article from the Leroy Farmer City Press should be posted here soon. Keep checking. Catherine
catrin1967
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. John Adams