News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BURLINGTON FLATS, NY 16-17MAY2015 AAR

Started by sgtrock, May 17, 2015, 08:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

As the weather forecasted, we had threatening skies and clouds all day long on Saturday, with the chance of afternoon thunderstorms that can be very damaging, I made sure to announce an evacuation plan In Saturday's morning briefing. But they did not materialize, such a relief, for up here they can be powerful.

With that in mind we opened the shoot with the pledge of allegiance and started to roll.

15 fine Americans joined us this weekend for a big dose of Rev War History and good ol' American Rifle Marksmanship.

With 15 shooters we garnered 4 New Riflemen and 2 Requalifications, pretty darn good job men.

I was very pleased with this clinic, not only for just being here but for being who they are, Very fine patriots.
We had a trio from Rochester, NY, A trio Buffalo, Ny, Pompey and Binghamtom were represented as well, and a gentleman from NY City too, plus some our own local friends and Junior Rifle youngsters from Burlington Flats Fish and Game Club, not to forget New Lisbon, NY as well.

Most rifles on the line were 10-22's, Marlin or two, an AK, an AR, a Savage Bolt gun, which by the way was the high score of the weekend with a 241 by Ed of New Lisbon, NY. great job Ed, this is a man who knows very well what he is about.
Our Most improved shooter unanimously goes to Sam at 14 yrs old, shot a very nice 217 after 5 crossfire shots were deducted, I am so proud to know this young man, he is one of our Junior Rifle team members here Burlington Flats as well, very polite, respectfull and curtious as also can be said of his brother that turned in a high score of 198 for his efforts this weekend, both on loaner rifles. All I can say is Job Well Done, but I must give the credit to AwesomeAustin one of our IIT's that worked with him this weekend, Awesome Austin just said that he taught him to overcome a blinking issue to nail his target. Austin is a very fine shooter as well and a grat coach for our Junior Rifle team as well, but also a great asset to Appleseed and to all who know him, Thank you.

Our Rochester crew were a very nice group and also took home a dose of Rifleman Pride with Darren shooting mutilble scores, starting with a 235 on his 2nd AQT and then a 224 (with crossfires deducted), a 234, 237, great job Darren.
Not be out done, his buddies Chris and Mike also done well at 215 and 217 respectively, one great group of men, that also know very well what they are about. Nice Job guys.

Micheal what can I say about him, only that he is a joy to work with and to watch him improve the way he did all weekend long, to know him and his father is an Honor. This young man can call his shots, knows what he needs to work on and has one of the best attitudes you could ask for, he will be one to watch in the future for great things to come, he is also on our Junior Rifle Team here at our club.
Then we have Matt that has been to a previous seed and came here to duplicate his past performance of achieving scores of 223 and 239, very great person to know and a fine gentleman for sure, you are welcome back here anytime Matt.
Nate came up the ladder really well and turned in a very close score of 207, he will cross that rifleman threshold very quickly, I do hope to see you again Sir.

All the students did an outstanding job and you should be proud. With a little practice and some fine tuning you will achieve what you set out to do, everyone showed marked improvement this weekend that was a joy to witness.
Very safe shoot and I can only thank the powers that be that are higher than me to have sent these men to our shoot, Thank you.
Thanks to my instructor crew, Odin, kooch13, Valkrie, AwesomeAustin, gthomas and Our supporter Randy for,taking pictures that will be posted shortly, could not have done it without guys and gals.

Will add more later

sgtrock

Ed Lentz

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to all the instructors for a very well run shoot.

Nate is already planning his new 10/22 rifle so he can get his rifleman patch next year. I know he enjoyed it as well.

I know I'll probably never forget this shoot. In fact I'll think of it every time I look in the mirror. Seems I picked up a nice round burn right about the size of a 223 case this afternoon. No doubt on the 300 yard line of the known distance course (you know who you are).

Ed Lentz

My favorite moment from this shoot had to be shooting 300 yards with the AK next to the AR. Talk about cold war redux.

sgtrock

That was some really nice shooting Ed, NPAO is everything and you were on it.

Odin

This was another great shoot at Burlington Flats.  It is always a pleasure to get on the line with my fellow instructors at BFlats and help our students improve on their marksmanship and to tell the story of April 19th 1775.

All of our students this weekend brought the most important thing with them, a teachable attitude.  It was great to have three of our students come from our Burlington Flats Jr. Rifle Team.  Following the tradition of the other young shooters we have had at BFlats, these three young men were polite, respectful, attentive and applied everything we taught them.  You could see it as their scores rose throughout the clinic.  I can tell they took the instruction to heart when the following Tuesday at Jr. Rifle I saw them apply what they learned over the weekend. 

To put it simply, we had good students, good instructors and that made for a great Appleseed.

Here are some pictures of the event:

The starting groups that were shot on Saturday were already impressive:

Target line instruction:

Instructors working with students:

Going over the sitting positions:

First Rifleman score of the weekend (241):

Followed by many more:

Austin working with Sam:

The results: 

Group Photo:

Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal