News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville, MD May 16-17, 2015 Associate Gun Clubs

Started by BeSwift, May 17, 2015, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Another outstanding shoot at this facility. Saturday saw 15 shooters on the line. All had a lot of work to do, but all showed great progress, and were attentive to the history as well.  We managed 2 AQT's by days, end, with on shooter making it "over the hump" with a 210..  Sunday saw 14 shooters return to the line.. we had a lively history discussion and managed 5 AQT's by the end of day. 4 more shooters joined the cadre, including a father/daughter duo, with many more students, close close close.. I'm confident they will continue on to finish their journey to Rifleman.  :~

Thank you to all the students, the host club, the instructors, and AGC for their hospitality and great facility! 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

navybowhunter

Sounds like an AWESOME shoot!

Glad to hear Tim, USMC number number, number, number Showed up!

I hope he was a good help to the Cadre!

HUZZAH!

R/
Chris

EyesOpen

It *was* an outstanding shoot! Even still, I think four of us and a few other recruits will be there in September and December as well for the Winterseed. (Will it count if there isn't snow?)

One thing we all forgot to grab from you though were the CMP certificates. Is there a way to get those via mail?

CSM00

USMC#### was very helpful!  Though I somewhat confused that he didnt leave a wake of broken things behind him as has been my prior experience with Marines :)

The class was great, all of the instructors were top-notch, and the AGC facility was quite nice and accommodating.   This was Carla's first time shooting a rifle and she had a good time and learned a lot.

Beyond it having been a long time since I did much rifle shooting, I had gear issues (I brought a 22lr upper that had 5 rounds through it), but the various hats went above and beyond in trying to figure out what was wrong with my technique and gear and how to get me on target.

I embraced Step Seven early...  I'd built / tested myself a 10/22 LTR, and then immediately lent it someone :) 

Carla and I are planning on attending the one in September and maybe December.  This time, with a 22lr upper that is more like a rifle than a shotgun.  Got the gear bugs worked out now, so its all on me to clear those Redcoats!

USMC 2674

Just figured I'd check in so everyone can see the numbers in my name! LOL

I can neither confirm nor deny that the numbers correspond to what my MOS (i.e. job) was in the Marines. And over the years I've worked around a lot of VERY expensive equipment, so I've learned to tone down the bull in the china shop routine... a bit.  ^-^

It was my first time calling the line. It was fun, but I was wondering by the end of Sunday if I'd still have my voice come Monday. It ended up being a little scratchy, but other than that, just fine.

Glad everyone had a good time. I hope everyone found it worthwhile and plan to attend another one in the future.

Tim

BeSwift

Drop me an email at appleseedmaryland@gmail.com with addresses and I'll get em right out to you... Thx!  B

Quote from: EyesOpen on May 19, 2015, 09:31:44 PM
It *was* an outstanding shoot! Even still, I think four of us and a few other recruits will be there in September and December as well for the Winterseed. (Will it count if there isn't snow?)

One thing we all forgot to grab from you though were the CMP certificates. Is there a way to get those via mail?
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations