News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Florida Applecore - spreading the word at Gander Mountain

Started by B.C., May 08, 2015, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

If any of you have been to a Gander Mountain store you know they typically have guns and LOTS of them. My local Gander here in St Augustine is basically a firearms super center - it's kind of a gun geek's toy store. Every time I go there to pick up something I find myself making another entry in my personal want but don't really need list. Anyway I've been in contact with the corporate entity of Gander inquiring about the prospect of somehow partnering RWVA / Appleseed with them to be able to post promotional material and flyers in their stores. The corporate people tell me that they have no issue with us posting a few things in the stores but, they say it's really up to the store manager on the local level to give the final say. Next time you go to a Gander Mountain take some material with you and ask the manager if you can leave it with the gun counter sales guys. If someone new to rifles buys one there and asks for an outlet for training they should be handed an Appleseed flyer. Plain and simple - we offer the best instruction at the best price hands down. I'll be meeting with Gander store managers in Ocala and St Augustine in the next few weeks to discuss. I think it will be alright for me to offer the managers a free pass to a local upcoming shoot if they are willing to have their firearms staff hand out the flyers.........
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Fred

Why not go a step further, and invite those managers and employees (and their families) to an Appleseed?

You might even get the SB to agree to "comp" them... O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

308LIBERTY

We got one of the Gander guys out to a shoot here a few months ago. He had a great time and now highly recommends Appleseed.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke