News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

*** Work Day at Ramseur June 6 ***

Started by Pain Killer, May 08, 2015, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

We need all hands on deck for a Beautification Day at the Home Range on June 6. Mark this on your calendar and reply here if you can attend. Start time 8 AM, please try to arrive by 7:30 and stay until at least 4:30. Great news! The supplies for the indoor shower are in and this will be a main focus for this event! As well as painting, flooring, steps, etc. Further details to follow.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

QuoteThe supplies for the indoor shower are in and this will be a main focus for this event!

Huzaaaah! Hey, seven years ain't bad.  ^-^ Wish I was there to help. I will be sad to see my (and many others) work on the shower JB built go, but it's long past time and Lord knows that system is no fun in the winter time. Maybe the water heater will be of some use, somewhere.

Now don't let PK and Hawk do this alone! If a half dozen or more show up - it'll be quick work and I'm sure Fred will be there to buy everyone a gourmet lunch.  ^-^ Sorry, went off to the land of fuzzy pink bunnies and unicorns there for a second.

Good luck and all be safe.

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pain Killer

Anyone able one able to attend? All Appleseeders welcome!
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Moylan

Steve,

Hornblower and I are hoping to be able to come down, but we're not able to commit for sure just yet.  We'll have to be 'maybes' for now.  Hope to get it sorted out soon, and let you know for sure.

Patrick
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

PHenry

I have no business sticking my nose into this, but I suffer from a lack of discipline in that respect, so here I am.

We have a problem with getting people to come to work parties at my local range. The range is maintained, in part, by the NRA HP and other disciplines that shoot on the range dedicated to that purpose. Lots of people use it for practice and competition, but only the same few show up every month to repair target stands and such. I suggested to the director that he make a single work party per year mandatory for range use. He said most would quit competing or practicing there.

It seems fascinating to me. In adjusted dollars, the range we get to use would run well more than $500K today and all we have to do is simple maintenance once morning per month, where we get well fed afterwards at club expense. I guess if I were in charge it would result in far less people using the range. I'm self-employed, work 60 hours per week and Appleseed a lot and I still make at least one work party per year - did two last year. I truly don't have time and the director knows it. He asks why I come out? I reply that my mom is too old to do it for me.  ^-^

Ramseur is not my home range, but it will always hold a very special spot in my heart, having been blessed to be able to shoo there several times and serve at three events over the years since I got into Appleseeds. I wish I lived up the street from it so I could shoot there a few times per year when I got the chance. I also wish I could help with the new bathrooms, as it would be a good  time and make me feel worthy of using the range.

For any not aware, Hawkeye and Wildman do a lot of work on the range. Without people like them and others, the range could not function. We need these fine places to practice and run events and they need us to keep them going.

I pray PK gets some help - many hands make light the work and also make it fun, instead of a chore. Any who can spare a day - please do so!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Gump

I don't have any transportation to help but if someone in Charlotte is heading that way and I could catch a ride then I am game. I have skill saw, jig saw, chisels, etc that I could bring.
Ramseur 3/15!!!  Dunnellon 4/15!!! Patriots day Ramseur 4/18th and 19th/15!!!

ThePoet

Pawzzz and I would definitely be there to help, but we are heading to Camp Perry that day for junior rifle camp. 

trow

I will TRY and make it if possible. I would be able to confirm that a day or two out.

PHenry

Gump is worth the effort to collect, as he is a man of many skills.  O0

Apparently there are but five or six folks that shoot at Ramseur.  :wb:

PHenry

Where's the emoticon for "biting tongue"?

Fred

As posted elsewhere on the NC IT board, the AOC has scheduled a meeting at the Home Range for this same weekend.

This would be a great chance to meet people and maybe even hear some 'inside stuff' -  just saying... ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

PHenry

Bring work clothes and hand tools?  ^-^

Pain Killer

Quote from: Gump on May 13, 2015, 02:06:14 PM
I don't have any transportation to help but if someone in Charlotte is heading that way and I could catch a ride then I am game. I have skill saw, jig saw, chisels, etc that I could bring.

I'll bring Forrest with me. PM sent

hawkeye

I'll be there with a list, I hope to have a trencher to hook up the huts to power and get my extention cords back.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

PHenry

So, three guys to do the work that dozens will enjoy?  :wb:

If it were three hours, instead of 11+ - I would come help!

I hear thems of highest pay are coming for a meeting. I say bring some rope!  ^-^

Gump

Hate to do this guys but I am going to have to bow out for the 6th. My son is getting an award in the Air Force on this day and I will be going to Charleston for the ceremony. Since there is only 2 people so far that can make it can we change the date?
Ramseur 3/15!!!  Dunnellon 4/15!!! Patriots day Ramseur 4/18th and 19th/15!!!

Sadman

I can attend but the rest of my crew has other obligations.  Are there any tool needs or supplies needed?

hawkeye

Here's my wish list for now: Paint the club house inside, work on the loose trim on the outside so we can paint the outside next month, Pick up piles of junk around the target containers clean up the head shed at range 2 and maybe work on some of the railroad ties that have fallen down at range1(KD).  Steve H
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Pain Killer

So we need painting supplies? Drills, wood screws, a nail gun, a sander (for the steps that everyone keeps slipping on), maybe a chain saw and a couple drills? arrive by 8:30ish and stay until 4pm. I have Sadman, Goliath, Hawkeye and Myself so far. Anyone else I am not counting, please PM me or let me know here.

Thanks,
PK

Pain Killer

We have 8 workers confirmed, but we could use more. Thanks

PHenry

hawkeye

Bring yard tools, chain saws, work gloves, that sort of items. I'll have some paint brushes to paint the club house inside, and will have some trim pieces for the outside trim that is rotted. I would like to trim up some brush and trees and move them to the burn pile. Might shoot a little after the work is done. Thanks to all that attend the work day. Steve H
There's even more to do on later work days.

Yankee Doodle

Unfortunately I'm working Thursday through Sunday this week, or I'd be headed ya'lls way.  Gotta love shift work.

~YD
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Pain Killer

We had 12 participants at the work day. I would like to sincerely thank all of those who attended! We really got a lot accomplished. We painted the meeting room and even the ceiling and framed the windows. A special thanks to Rusty Bucket on the framing work. We cleaned up all the dead tree debris and camp sites, and we did repair work to the 25 yard range and cleaned up the range area. There is still a great deal to do. We need to finish the showers, rebuilt the deck, install flooring in the club house and paint the outside of the club house. We plan to have another work day in August. If anyone in NC is an electrician, plumber or carpenter and can donate some time in August, please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve(PK)

PHenry

Fred

Quote from: Pain Killer on June 07, 2015, 05:51:51 PM
We had 12 participants at the work day. I would like to sincerely thank all of those who attended! We really got a lot accomplished. We painted the meeting room and even the ceiling and framed the windows. A special thanks to Rusty Bucket on the framing work. We cleaned up all the dead tree debris and camp sites, and we did repair work to the 25 yard range and cleaned up the range area. There is still a great deal to do. We need to finish the showers, rebuilt the deck, install flooring in the club house and paint the outside of the club house. We plan to have another work day in August. If anyone in NC is an electrician, plumber or carpenter and can donate sum time in August, please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve(PK)

Thanks to all!

There was noticeable progress!

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther