News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montgomery May 2-3

Started by General Stuart, May 04, 2015, 07:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

What a wonderful weekend we had at the Central Alabama Gun Club. It is a privilege for Appleseed to have the opportunity to use this range. As beautiful as the range was, the weather was equally pleasurable and accommodating. We had an enthusiastic group of shooters who were a pleasure to work with. Everyone seemed to get a good grasp of the tripod of marksmanship. After the Steady Hold Factors, The Six Steps, and NPOA were taught, everyone's groups improved.  Over lunch we learned of the true events of April 19th 1775 in both the 1st and 2nd Strikes of the Match. We proceeded to teach the seated and standing along with IMC (inches, minutes, and clicks.) During the heat of the afternoon, the 3rd Strike was shared. We finished shooting with an AQT. Our Senior Instructor Morpheus stirred everyone's hearts with a rousing rendition of Patrick Henry's "Give me Liberty or give me death" speech.

On Sunday everyone returned a little sore but in high spirits and eager to get back to carrying out the sacred tradition of rifle marksmanship. We were happy to have a couple of new shooters join us for a little while on Sunday. A previous engagement would not allow them to stay for the entire day. We briefly reviewed everything from the previous day and then rolled into shooting AQTs. We had several shooters turning respectable scores. With a little dry fire practice at home, I firmly believe they will be handed a Rifleman patch at their next event. Sunday came to a close in grand fashion. Everyone successfully rang steel at 100 yards. Showing that what works at 25 yards, works at greater distances as well.

Gary - I commend you for your ability to implement what was taught and I was really appreciative of your thought provoking questions.

Micheal and Christopher - Both of you suffered rifle malfunctions that required switching to a loaner rifle. One with which you were unfamiliar. You both were able to improvise, adapt, and overcome. True signs of a rifleman.

Pat - I salute you Sir and am exceedingly proud of you. You showed great determination and stayed enthusiastic when many lesser men would have given up and been defeated by frustration. Remember, A rifleman persists.   

I hope to see each of you again on a line sometime in the future. Please don't let the message of Appleseed stop with you. Be active in 7th stepping and bringing others to a firing line anywhere Appleseed is being taught.
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

General Stuart

Pics

General Stuart

More pics.

General Stuart

Couple more.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

DrJohn

Congratulations and well done!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

ganu76

Outstanding instruction and very moving stories from our nation's past.  While leaving with a patch Sunday would have been nice, the lessons and tools provided by you men were certainly the highlight of my experience this weekend.  I hope to learn as much at my second Appleseed (which I have already registered for!) as I did this one.

Again, many thanks.  I think you men are fighting the good fight.

Gary

ganu76

P.S.  Seeing as how Appleseed is all I've talked about for the past 2 months, I already know of two more individuals who have secured a spot in a local event this Summer.  I their experience is half as fulfilling as mine was, it'll be a great success.

SnapBang

It was a true pleasure to work with such a group of fine students and the wonderful cadre of instructors.  Practice, practice, practice.......I hope to see everyone on the line again soon.

Be Strong - Be Accountable - Never Complain.
Heraclitus - "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.  Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

mano3

Great range, great weather and AWESOME shooters!

I appreciate the accommodations the Shoot Boss gave me given my post surgery status!