News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN April 25-26, 2015

Started by LesMoore, April 29, 2015, 10:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesMoore

What a great weekend it was for Appleseed!!  And a great group of shooters!!

Saturday started off with 12 shooters, and other than some wind, it was a beautiful day.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the history.  By the end of the day we had a new Rifleman on the only AQT of the day.  Great job, Jim, with a score of 238!! ^:)^ 

On Sunday 8 shooters returned, and another Rifleman was made by Eric with a score of 226!!  Also, Gene requalified with a score of 227, and then 240 on the very next AQT.  He said 240 is his personal best!! ^:)^  Jim also requalified Sunday with a score of 231.

After lunch on Sunday the Rifleman had the opportunity to shoot at longer ranges, practicing what was just learned in the KD portion at lunch.

I want to thank everyone for coming out to the Henry County Gun Club, which is an awesome range!!  Thanks to all the shooters for being attentive and having great attitudes.  Progress was made by all, and I hope to see everyone again at a later event.

It was great, as always, working with Dond and Sarah, as well as meeting Old Navy Doc for the first time.

Leslie

Old Navy Doc

I can't tell you how much FUN it was to help this group learn the Appleseed philosophy, story, and marksmanship skills. The range was fantastic and the support of the Henry County Gun Club couldn't have been better.

The first pic shows some of the shooters resting by the range
Next is Jim getting his rifleman patch. I had the pleasure of working with him at Pelham.
Next is Eric getting his well deserved patch
Finally, Gene was requalified with an amazing 240 !!! Reminds me of a DOM story.

All the students showed inpressive improvement and they and my co-instructors were an inspiration to me.

See you at the KD next month. Keep your powder dry.

Steve
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato