News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Looking for a shoot boss for Gainesville May 30

Started by 9mm4545, April 25, 2015, 07:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

I usually take the Gainesville shoots but I will out of the country for this one. So, for all you shoot bosses that have longed to do a shoot in Gainesville, here is your chance. Be quick before someone else beats you to it!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

malabar

Bruce,

just curious: We already have a dsb signed up for the event, but he's not signed up to be SB.

I can take it if needed, but I've never done a single-day event.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

9mm4545

I believe that it is a regular two day shoot. If you should take it I can give you a few hints about the range and what works well there.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

scuzzy

Quote from: 9mm4545 on April 29, 2015, 11:48:11 AM
I believe that it is a regular two day shoot. If you should take it I can give you a few hints about the range and what works well there.

Yup - it's a two day - with no dSB signed up.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

malabar

OK. Obviously Early-Onset Alzheimers.

Two day shoot with no shootboss. I'm in.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

DrRichP

As a FSU grad, my advice: Be wary of Gators!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

GTEngineer

Quote from: DrRichP on May 01, 2015, 08:26:26 AM

How many MOA is a gator at 400 yards? ^-^
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

malabar

Quote from: DrRichP on May 01, 2015, 08:26:26 AM

No way to avoid Gators in Gainesville. 

Besides, my older boy and his wife (who live in town) are Gators.  So is my four-year-old granddaughter, and the grandson who is expected to arrive the week before the shoot. <g>

tk

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!