News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Palmbay Florida April 18-19

Started by bill o rites, April 22, 2015, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill o rites

We all know our country is headed in the wrong direction,and sometimes it's easy to get discouraged,but not this weekend! AS usual, all it took to restore my faith in our country was one Appleseed event. Yessir, 39,  YEP THAT'S RIGHT , 39 shooters on the line at Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club celebrated our nations true birthday, April 19th in the only real way (my opinion) to really honor those brave men and women who sacrificed everything to give us this great nation.
  We started off the morning with all the usual introductions and safety briefings, and after a quick discussion about the decision our founders made to stand for liberty against the most powerful military force on the planet, we turned it over to our own Heidi Heidi for her very first 1st Strike presentation. Heidi did a great job of covering all the info a 1st Strike should contain, and even made it easy for the Shoot Boss' 9am briefing . She is really coming into her own as an instructor and is well on her way to that "shiny new Red Hat"! HUZZAH! After that , we fired our first Redcoat and discovered there was indeed room for improvement! Out comes the fire hose, and the "flogging" continued until marksmanship improved, and improve it did ! Lunch came so fast it seemed we hardly got started before it was time for the second strike. As Colonel Smith worried how he would ever get his regulars back to Boston in one piece, we turned our attention back to marksmanship and the improvement thereof. Our efforts were not in vain, before our day ended with the third strike and the benediction, four Patriots would receive their coveted Rifleman patches! Congratulations to Scherri , Cal , Brian and Stante !!!! ^:)^
      Day Two:  Precisely 240 YEARS AGO TODAY those brave members of Jonas Clark's  little Church of Lexington who comprised the company of the Lexington training band, stood in the cold gray dawn, 70 or so militia against hundreds of crack British troops. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for those  men, facing down certain death, and not a man amongst them fled !! As a matter of historical record, they only began to disperse after  orders from their senior officer Capt. Parker.  To remember is to honor, and that we did , reminding our students all day of the sacrifices made on their behalf. After another Redcoat target and much review of marksmanship instruction, we pressed on and  began the grueling AQT Grind . Lunch brought a special treat from Don, a revolutionary war  period black powder shooter, dressed in period clothing, complete with his old "firelock". He gave a demonstration on  loading and firing  a Kentucky long rifle , and to top it off, he brought enough extra ammo for anyone who wanted, to shoot it as well! Our youngest student Lucas and his mom were quick to take him up on his gracious offer along with several others . When  lunch was over it was back to the grind , and just about the time 2:30 syndrome began to set in, we broke for a round of DOM and brave women history. That was followed by our KD instruction and three lucky shooters got to go to the 100 YD firing line to prove what works at 25 yds also works at distance .  Although not yet officially summer, we broke a record for the hottest April 19th in many years on Sunday,  but our shooters persevered and before the final Redcoat target and the benediction, 6 shooters turned in rifleman scores, some with multiple scores. Congratulations to Mike B. , Kyle and Craig P. our new riflemen and to Stante, Cal and  Brian P. for requalifing !!!!
      As great as our weekend was, it gets even better; we now have two new IIT'S,  Mike B. and Kyle K. both accepted the Orange hat  HUZZAH  !!!!!!!!!! We look forward to working with both of you on the "Trail" !   Well that's all for now, please post any pics you guys have from the shoot .
                Bill O RITES
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

bill o rites

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

bill o rites

TheMenace

More pics here...
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

65cudaman

It was an Awesome 2 days in Celebration of  Patriot's Day.  We brought a friend and he is hooked.   Thanks to all the instructors and volunteers that made the weekend possible, would not be able to do it without you. Heidi, Roy, Gary, Dennis, Gary, Tom and Brett.  (Sorry if I left anyone out).  Having the opportunity and freedom to attend an Appleseed weekend is the result of actions taken by many brave men and women 240 years ago.  What a great turnout for a great day!

Stante

Guntuckian

Young Patriots!
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Guntuckian

Saturday Riflemen!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

Sunday Riflemen!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

The 25 Meter Line and the 100 Yard KD Line

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

The 25 Meter Line from the Left Hand Side and the Adaptive Line.

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

More pictures!  It's amazing how fast these Patriots became comfortable being on the line!  And, how fast their shooting improved, too!  Practicing the only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

Shooting at a Rifleman Level makes a person very happy!  And, this level of skill is what comes from the Firehose of Instruction that happens at an Appleseed (Bill O Rites).

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

The Left Handed Shooters are on the Far Right of the Line.  The Right Handed Shooters are on the Left of the Line.  This way, there is enough room for all to practice their Steady Hold Factors!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

Although the line thinned a little near the end of the day on Sunday, this just highlighted the family members that were shooting together at an Appleseed on Patriot's Day!  HUZZAH!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

Notice the form of this Rifleman!  A Rifleman persists!  He took an Orange Hat shortly after this picture was taken!  The line had thinned out a bit around him by late on Sunday, as he continued to practice that great American tradition of Rifle Marksmanship!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

Notice how Nadia's rifle has been modified to fit her!  Everyone needs a rifle that fits them!  This improves one's cheek weld!

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Guntuckian

That's a few more 25 Meter backers than our planned capacity of 30 Shooters, Sir! 
The 100 Yard Targets simulated 400 Yard targets!  (We shot Red Coat Targets at 100 Yards, too!  Their "400 Yard" Red Coat Silhouettes sure looked tiny!)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

PHenry

Well, if the event was anything like this AAR, it must have been great!  O0

Keep up the good work Palm Bay! Huzaaaah!  ..:..
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther