News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR --Harvard, MA, April 18-19, 2015

Started by hbennett, April 22, 2015, 12:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbennett

The Harvard, MA April 19th weekend is always special, and it is especially so since it is held within marching distance of the very FIRST Appleseed.
The weather cooperated, and was, for the most part, sunny and warm, in the high 60's.   Attendance at the Harvard event was fantastic!
55 shooters participated this weekend, including 17 Boyscouts and 8 adult leaders from Stoneham, MA Troop 513.

What an event!  Shooters and instructors were spread across 3 separate ranges.

Among the attendees there were several familiar faces.  Many were shooters who are persistent, motivated, and determined to qualify as Riflemen.
As many as 30 of the adult shooters, were shooting scores in the 160-209 range by Sunday afternoon.

5 shooters.. and familiar faces all..are no longer cooks..  Congratulations to Tim, John, Julio, Lev, and Chris.
Well done!

The Memorial Volley was an event onto itself.  Even though tired,  weary and nearing the end of a long weekend of tremendous effort,
the shooters were charged with energy and excitement at the announcement that they were participating in a synchronized
and coordinated event with other Patriots across America.   

A round of applause is also due to our instructors who made this event possible.  Lupis42, Aim, Ulyssess, mzweatherby,LimaTango, roundtrip, voidoid, and SamB, you have my many thanks
and admiration. You rose to the challenge, you adapted, and adjusted.  Success  was achieved because of your hard work and dedication.   This could not have happened without you.
Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

hbennett

Here's a link to a youtube video showing an AQT at Harvard, MA on April 18-19, 2015
that was posted on the Northeastshooters forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPNm3gFAWY#t=191

This was one of the three ranges that were running concurrently during the event.
--

lupis42

Don't forget to link this AAR in the Northeastshooters thread!
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

carabina44

Hi guys I would like to formally introduce myself.  This is Julio P. I participated in the patriots day weekend Appleseed and besides of having a blast it was outstanding meeting new folks .  What a great group of people just welling to help. I Thank you all for that!
     After earning the rifleman patch my new goal is to join this great group of patriot and pass it alone bringing new shooter and keep learning and helping in whichever way I can.
     I also have a few pictures and videos that I would like to share if ok.

carabina44

Hi guys I would like to formally introduce myself.  This is Julio P. I participated in the patriots day weekend Appleseed and besides of having a blast it was outstanding meeting new folks .  What a great group of people just welling to help. I Thank you all for that!
     It was an honor earning the rifleman patch my new goal is to join this great group of patriot and pass it alone bringing new shooter and keep learning and helping in whichever way I can.
     I also have a few pictures and videos that I would like to share if ok.

voidoid

Welcome Julio!!!  Please do post what you have to this thread.  If you are unable to do so for some reason, let one of the instructors know and we'll take care of it.

Congrats on making Rifleman, and looking forward to seeing you at the next shoot (we'll have your shiny orange hat ready).

~Jeremy
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

hbennett

Hearing the strikes.
--

hbennett

Boy scouts..eager to learn..
--

hbennett

Instructors  at work...making new Riflemen
--

hbennett

Team Harvard.. 04/19/2015
--

hbennett

Putting the lessons to practice
--

hbennett

and more practice..
--

hbennett

and still more practice..
--

hbennett

Work hard..persist..and you WILL be rewarded..
--

hbennett

All that work..and easily  worth the sweat and struggle..
--

hbennett

April 19th.. a fitting day to earn the title RIFLEMAN...
--

hbennett

Again, many, thanks to all, shooters and instructors alike,  for making the Harvard event happen!
--

carabina44

Here are some shots.

carabina44

A few more. Feel free to share.