News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boone, NC April 19, 2015 Patriots Day SCUBASeed

Started by Polonius, April 21, 2015, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

Boone again showed that they bring out only the heartiest of shooters, and that the guys at Watauga Gun Club will stop at nothing to help us put on a successful event! It rained all day, and there was not a peep of complaint. The shooters were incredibly patient (and helpful) when we had to take down the temporary covered line because it was blowing over, and move to a small covered range and implement relays. These shooters showed what it means to persevere.

Eight out of ten preregistered shooter showed up, with one walk-on. Two shooters shot rifleman scores - David (re-qualify - 243), and Steve (first time - 249). Yes, you read that correctly. 249!

The shooters had a great time building character as they absorbed the history on this Patriots Day Anniversary, and became acquainted with the American heritage of rifle marksmanship. We did the commemorative volley in relays, and the shooters decimated the red coats.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all of the shooters for having such great attitudes on a thoroughly nasty day, and to my IITs ArisB32, pans858, EngineerJim, and Woo.

Engineer Jim

My hat's off to our resolute students which showed up for the class!

Forecast for the one-day appleseed was a 100% chance of 2-3 inches of rain between 6AM and 6PM (we actually got over 3").  Despite this, almost everyone showed up and everyone who did stuck around.  On the way to the range I was guessing that everyone would be a no-show.  I guess the kind of Americans which show up for Appleseed events are a special breed.

Thank you students and fellow instructors!

Scubaseed.  Heh.  That's pretty good.

Jim