News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Osage Beach MO April 18-19 2015 240 years later

Started by connibear, April 21, 2015, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Another great event in the books for Osage Beach. The weather forecast called for rain all weekend, however Divine Providence spared us and we did not get wet as much as I anticipated that we would. Saturday morning came very fast and while we were setting up around 730 the colonists started rolling in. All of signed up colonists decided to still attend even though the forecast was not looking promising.

We started with our safety rules, and then engaged the king's great army of red coats. I must say our modern day colonists put a hurt on them redcoats. As we taught the instruction groups got better, don't forget though to sqeeezzzzeeeee that trigger and hold it back. The three strikes were told and all ears were open and attentive also. We did get a heavy downpour but alas we retreated to the trailer. Were we defeated, of course not, the second strike was told and the colonists learned the seated position. The rain subsided by the time we were finished, and went out to learn how to properly transition. The day ended with the engagement of an AQT, but behold the AQT got the better of our colonists that day, there will be payback on the morrow....

The sun rose upon Osage Beach, but could not be seen for the heavens decided to shower its rain upon us. We gathered again in the safety of cover to begin our day. Our day began with bible devotion, in honor to chaplains and clergy of the revolution. Once our service was finished we started with the safety rules and rifle. It had decided though to keep raining so we were introduced with a read of the sunshine patriot of which we had none, all the colonists were ready to get wet to defend and conquer the redcoated AQT, but wait, we could not go yet, we had a promotion to make. Ozark Settler completed his IIT4 to move on and also completed his RH pc. Now our ranks are much richer with the new color of a red hat amongst the ranks. Congrats Ozark.

Throughout the day, we stopped and remembered the early colonists as they fought to defend Liberty against tyranny. Lunch time rolled along and we were able to hear about some dangerous old men, but wait you can't stop there, we also heard of some brave women and gallant children. We had managed one or two AQT's before lunch and then after lunch engaged them again. Behold, three riflemen were born and even backed up their score. John qualified with M1A with a 217 then shot his .22 again and qualified with a 231, Rusty qualified with a 214 and Matt qualified with a 216 then backed it up with a 218. Lest I forget, one of our instructors just had to shoot, he was chomping at the bit to get down there and shoot, so he did and he sure knew what he was about. mike1alfa requalified with his personal best with a 241, great job Sam!!! O0 :bow:

Oh no, 3 o'clock is fastly approaching, we got things set up, passed out the BBB's and talked about them, but enough we must get prepared. At 2:55 we had a time of silence. While the 5 minutes of silence seemed seemed like an eternity, it was nothing compared to what our brothers in Liberty gave 240 years ago along the great battle road of Liberty. When 3 o'clock hit, we fired, a shot in rememberence of those faithful sons of Liberty, we followed up with twelve more names and shots.

""Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it."   John Adams

The day ended with the heavens shining its bright rays of sunshine upon us, for the Patriots that came, took home something that can never be taken away, the heritage, the history of April 19th 1775.......

Thankyou to all the colonists that came out and endured the weekend, and thankyou to all the instructors who worked well together to make this a memorable event and thankyou to Jason the range owner for letting us use his firing line and trailer to camp in. Be sure to keep an eye on the schedule, we shall return next April to Osage Beach.

May each of us pass on the torch and keep the flame of Liberty burning bright in the hearts and minds of the American people.

:~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :---

pics are up on Facebook so check them out at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1637291389825033.1073741840.1460743164146524&type=1

Feel free to add comments or other pics if you have them.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

Just thought I'd bump this to the top since I only modified my post..... ;D
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Ozark Settler

Thanks Connibear feels good to finally wear the coveted red hat!

A handful of shooters also stepped up to do some KD out to 400 yards!

It showed this IMC business really works! and the thumping power of .308 vs a .223 past 200

colonial shooter

Ben, great report! Congrats Mike, on the long awaited promotion! Nice to see the patriots out on a gloomy weekend. Sorry to have missed this one as well, but time flies, there will be others.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana