News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI, April 18 -19, Patriots Day, AAR

Started by 3.Dogs, April 21, 2015, 02:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

Another wonderful Appleseed weekend in the books.  Fifteen shooters turned out for a weekend filled with history and marksmanship.  As the shoot boss for this event I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to have each an everyone of our shooters on the line.  To have so many shooters on the line for the memorial volley was a shoot bosses dream come true.  I hope to see all of you on the line again in the future. 

To our Rifleman Patrick, Don, Matthew, and Scott.  Well done and congratulations.  Gentleman you have shown you have the skills and abilities to call yourselves Rifleman.

To the rest of our shooters each an everyone of you showed a dramatic increase in your shooting skills.  Your groups were getting tighter and scores just kept climbing.  I have no doubt that each an everyone of you will achieve a Rifleman's score.  I look forward to seeing all of you on the line in the future.  I most definitely look forward to seeing those Rifleman's scores.

To my instructors each of you were a blessing, adapting to every problem we faced this weekend.  Each of you stepped up to fill in where ever you were needed most.  A top notch team that any shoot boss would be proud to work with.

3.Dogs
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

Graywolf

There is no better way to spend a weekend than at an Appleseed.  That is especially true for Patriot's Day weekend.  Huzzah!

We had a wonderful group of shooters.  Every one of them came with an open mind and willing attitude.  We had a couple of equipment issues that caused a couple of shooters some problems but not even that put a damper on their enthusiasm.  Ryan and Briandi, it was great to see you on the line again.  I see rifleman scores in the future for you two.  Sydnee and Ethan, you two were amazing.  Keep at it and you will get there.  Cole and Cody, you guys made great improvements over the weekend.  Patrick, Matthew and Don knocked it out of the park and Scott got baptized in the waters from under the North Bridge.  I might add that Scott shot his rifleman score with a bolt action rifle which is pretty impressive.  Well done, gentlemen!  Hope to see you all again on the line soon. 

A big "Huzzah" to our shoot boss, 3.Dogs, who ran a very tight ship and kept the shooting rolling smoothly.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

warbladejm

Wow what an event, as someone who has only been shooting a couple years, the things i learned were very beneficial and drastically improved my groupings, even the simple things like inches,minutes,clicks made a lot more sense when you see it actually explained verse just reading about it.

i have many things to work on before i make my next attempt but there definitely will be a next time

3.Dogs

Looking forward to seeing you on the line again Warbladejim.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

J Jessup

Thanks for a great event gentlemen. Thanks to all the crew. Everyone was courteous and professional, Saturday's weather was excellent and we met some great people. The Patriot's Day patch is exceptional.

Keep up the good work!

Jess

Rascal21

Great way to spend the weekend, I enjoyed every minute.

All of you impressed me with the willingness to listen and learn, and the groupings showed that. Congrats again to our riflemen. We had quite a few more knocking on the door, hope to see you at another event soon to get your patches.

I was really impressed with the youth shooters at this event. There was consistent improvement throughout the weekend by them, and they were doing extremely well, so Cody, Cole, Ethan and Sydnee, you come back and see us soon. I see patches in all of your future :)

The pics I took are up here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.684451138331725.1073741870.240556109387899&type=3

some spoilers