News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO April 18-19, 2015

Started by 209Ken, April 20, 2015, 09:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

What a great weekend at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO. We had 13 shooters who were not scared off by a gloomy weather forecast.
Saturday we learned the fundamentals and heard the 3 strikes of the match. Groups were getting smaller as the day went on and somehow, the rain held off.
Sunday we reviewed and then jumped right in putting it all together. Pat got his Rifleman patch with a 213 - Good Job!
The rain started after lunch, but did not discourage anyone. At one point, I asked the group if they wanted to go to the shelter and wait the rain out or shoot another AQT, they all said "Let's Shoot!"
The rain added to the somber mood as we did our Memorial Volley to those who died on April 19, 1775.
Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend. Please post your comments and or pictures. I will post pictures in the next day or so. Keep checking back.
209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

MagnumFarce

I would like to thank Doc, Mossy, Cap'n Ken and the two young ladies doing blue hat duties for an excellent weekend.  Very encouraging that the Sunday attendance was full strength despite indications that the day would be a washout.  This is an important program that I promote whenever I can.  I look forward to attending again soon.

209Ken

Pictures as promised...

Congratulations to our lone Rifleman Pat!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

00dlez

Thanks again to Ken, Mossy and Doc for another great weekend - wish the rain had stayed away to give me another few AQTs though... Next time.

-James