News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC - April18-19, 2015 Appleseed

Started by Dakota, April 20, 2015, 09:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

First event at the new Action Shooting ranges of Charlotte Rifle Pistol Club!
Having our own area that we can control was helpful and we got a LOT done the first day!
Sunday we were back on the old range, and although it was tight we were glad we had the roof! Man it rained pretty hard for a while.
All the shooters toughed it out and we ran out of AQTs. We had to pull some old ones out of Jumpboot's stash to finish the day.

Congrat's to our 3 new riflemen!
First we have Josh McLeod and Chris Bundrick. It's not every day that 2 guys running iron sights on bolt actions score Rifleman on their first event!
Let's not leave out forget Sean Coburn who scored it the first day, and then did it so many more times I got tired of scoring them!
We also had 3 repeat riflemen. Jack Ryan who had 3 generations of the clan out on the line, Charles Tucker who brought his daughter Krista out to help with the RedCoat problem, and Steve McKee, a returning rifleman who stepped up and took his Orange hat! Congrats YankeeDoodle!!
Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!!!!!

I give a lot of credit to our shooters who listened, toughed out the weather, and made some great improvements. I know 2 of them will come back and make the score once they get some better sights.

The instructor corps down here is great, and they really know their stuff. Thank you guys for a weekend of hard work.

Feel free to share your thoughts and pictures. I'll post some later myself.
See you next time!
Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Jumpboot

Some pics from the weekend
Rifleman 6 May 2012

Yankee Doodle

Congrats to all the Riflemen, both new and returning.  Challenging conditions on Sunday, but such challenges are some of the best ways we improve our skills.

It was my first time at a weekend in Charlotte (other two were in Ramseur) and I had a blast.  It was a great shoot....the rain made it that much more memorable.  It was also my first time participating in an Appleseed on Patriots' Day weekend, and I have to say it added a new layer to an already moving experience.  The Memorial Volley is something that will stick with me a long time, I think.

Thank you guys for your hard work in putting on a terrific weekend, and thank you for accepting me into the ranks as an IIT.  I'll work hard to ensure that I pass on what I've already learned and continue to learn through Appleseed.  I'll see you guys out there....bright new orange hat and all.

I have some pictures on my cell phone - I'll try and get those up here tomorrow.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Jumpboot

Sorry Yankee Doodle, I overlooked one of the most important pictures!
Rifleman 6 May 2012

Squirrelhead

This was my 1st Appleseed and it was a great event that was made even more memorable being on Patriots weekend and me making rifleman on the 1st day! The instructors are an amazing group of guys that really took the time to help everyone improve their marksmanship skills. I can't wait to attend my 2nd Appleseed weekend. Congratulations to everyone that made rifleman and to Steve for taking on the orange hat.

Yankee Doodle

Hmmm....for some reason I can't post pictures in this thread....says I'm not allowed to.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Pinelander

What a great event!
216 twice.  Stuck on that number.  With Tech sights on a 10/22.
What a great bunch of instructors! And great patriots! 

Many thanks to Preacher? for his instruction for my daughter.  She can't wait to come to the next one, along with my wife and other daughter.