News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Westhampton Beach, New York - April 18 & 19, 2015

Started by VietVet, April 20, 2015, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Well I've (almost) recovered from our Appleseed Shoot this past weekend and I want to get our After Action Report posted for all to read and hopefully all will enjoy.

So much to say, so many to thank.

What a GREAT weekend this was. Everything was PERFECT.

Thanks so much to LIPSA for giving us our new "Home" here on Long Island to hold our Appleseed Events. They treat us great and without them we wouldn't be doing Appleseed Shoots in this area. We appreciate them opening their arms (and gate) to Project Appleseed.
Thank you LIPSA!   O0 O0

To my Instructor crew THANK YOU!
   Josey Wales, heartlessmcfly, Short Circuit, Joeydiver, Heather we couldn't do these Shoots without your much needed help.  :bow:

Now for our SHOOTERS!!!

THANK YOU for hanging in there and making our SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY  EVENT so very SPECIAL.

You never tired and were a great group to instruct. All had such a teachable, positive attitude throughout the entire weekend.You make doing what we do rewarding. To witness the improvement in your shooting skill go up as the event continued is what we strive for. The friendship that develops is amazing.

THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING THAT GOES INTO MAKING AN APPLESEED EVENT A SUCCESS!!!

Congrats to our NEW RIFLEMAN!
   Aaron who shot a 213, 218 and more. He just kept going.
   Rob shot a 213
   Stephen shot a 219
   Jon shot a 211
   David our repeat Rifleman from our last Shoot shot a 220.

Well done Rifleman, very well done.  :---

Also congrats to Aaron who won our "Fun Shoot" by shooting out the TV and hopefully getting some "Sleeping Americans" off their couch and more involved in what's really going on in our Country.

Special mention to Jon who made us all so very proud and reinstalled our pride when we found out he has enlisted in the Navy and will be shipping out shortly. You made us all stand taller this weekend Jon and we thank you for your service and wish you Gods speed.
Stay safe Jon.

Thank you Chief Sailer (Stephen) for stepping up and accepting the "ORANGE HAT" and is now Project Appleseed's newest IIT.
We'll be seeing him now helping us Instruct as we build our Appleseed Instructor Crew on Long Island.

We ended our Appleseed by Shooting the Memorial Volley to those who gave all on April 19, 1775.
                                              Special....Very Special.

We're already planning our next Appleseed at this Range so stay tuned for the announcement.
Hopefully September, October. Have to check both their schedule and ours but the planning is in motion.

Here's a few photos of our event....................
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dakota

Great Job Team!!
I'm glad you found a new home and Appleseed is still alive and well on LI!

Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Grumpy1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..Job well done Vietvet, glad I was there..
..Strenght & Honor....JW..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Chief Sailer

It was another great weekend of Appleseed.  Thank you Rich, Nick, Heather, Mike, Joey and Scott.
I was very happy to obtain my Rifleman patch this weekend.  It was even more special that it came on April 19!
Thank you to Rich and Nick for the "Orange Hat".  Hope to help others now as I was helped in the past.

God Bless You All and God Bless America!

~Stephen
"Interwoven is the love of liberty with every ligament of the heart."- George Washington