News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR USSA Tulsa, Oklahoma Apr 18-19 2015

Started by TomCat, April 20, 2015, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

The Appleseed crew this weekend was a safe and positive group. Two of the Riflemen were Caleb, and Conner who shot Rifleman's score for his second patch. Both Conner and Caleb have been to previous events.  We put them to work watching safety, helping to clear the line, and echoing commands.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Heavy rains each night before the event made things soggy, so everyone had a good time stompin' and a-wallerin' through the mud.

TomCat

This is one tattoo I like:  "Labor Omni Vinsit"  Hard work conquers everything - Oklahoma ' s motto

TomCat

Proactive Instructor's and shooters wanting to learn is a good combination.

TomCat

I know the TomCat had a good time, and will be coming back.

pballer2oo7

Props to everybody that showed up in spite of the poor weather outlook. In the end, except for a little mud, the weather was not that terrible.

Paul was another to shoot Rifleman on Friday Saturday.
Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! - I hope you will make a good Use of it. - if you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.

--J. Adams, 1777

henschman

Three Riflemen, and EVERY ONE of them took the orange hat!  That has to be some kind of first for Oklahoma Appleseed.  Great job, and welcome to the team Paul, Caleb, and Connor.   I look forward  to working with each of you to restore our country's heritage of marksmanship and liberty. 

Our instructor corps is getting more diverse -- we now have instructors from age 10 up to geezers like TomCat and henschalotta.  ;)
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

TomCat

We also came up with an extra chair.  If you left one at the event, please describe it to me,  and we will make a connection.

Harry Meanwell

Quote from: TomCat on April 20, 2015, 04:46:35 PM
This is one tattoo I like:  "Labor Omni Vinsit"  Hard work conquers everything - Oklahoma ' s motto

Surveyor1653

Sorry to have missed being on the line with you guys but I spent the weekend with my bride celebrating our anniversary.  Looks like a great turnout and excellent additions to the Instructor Corps. See you on the line soon.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

Harry Meanwell

Here is the best AQT and the last Redcoat I shot on Sunday:

SKSRifleman

I had a good time. Glad to see some youngsters make Rifleman and join our ranks. Also glad that we dodged the rain too.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper