News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX April 18-19, 2015 - Patriots Day

Started by scuzzy, April 20, 2015, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Man - this was a really nice and fun event. Where to begin?

We had 9 people out this weekend to learn a bit about marksmanship and heritage. Thanks all for the good memories - and being there to join us in remembering those that gave their all to create this great country. It always does my heart good to see that this country has so many good people.

We had a Mother and Son out - they will be coming out next month and are going to bring Dad along next time. Thanks for coming out Margaret and Chris. And did Chris ever learn a few things. I think Mom & Dad are going to have a hard time keeping up with Chris. LOL.

There was a Father and Son team out - Quinton & Tim. Since they were not able to come out on Sunday we stayed late so we could shoot a few extra AQTs. While they didn't make the coveted patch they both saw good improvements.

We had out Russel and Cheryl - a husband and wife team. Russel started off Saturday morning shooting like a pro. I asked him about that. He said he'd been practicing dry firing. Man did it help. He got the patch Sunday. I figured he would based on how well he was shooting on Saturday. His wife Cheryl started off Saturday with a shotgun pattern. By Sunday she was smiling as she was able to hit the targets consistently. She did have a bunch of problems with a Ruger 10/22 takedown rifle. It was working fine all Saturday but on Sunday morning just would not feed rounds. We all took a stab at trying to get it going but with no luck.

Ian came out. He's active duty with 17 years in. He'd emailed me and Mary (Weezer) asking if there was anything we could possibly teach him as he was already well schooled in shooting. We convinced him to come out. He left convinced that they were more than a few things we could teach him. By Sunday afternoon he was knocking on the riflemans door. Can't remember exactly what his high score was but it was within either 5 or 10 points.

We had two guys named Paul out. Both did really well. One of them scored Rifleman. He'd been out before and nailed it this time. He also wore his Am Rev outfit and bought out his musket. Cool. We all had him pose with us so we could get some pics. And even better - he then took an Orange Hat.

Weezer was our official photographer so she'll have the pics up shortly.

And I talked Weezer into trading her Blue Hat for an Orange Hat. Yea!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

I'm sorry I'm so late on those pictures - had to play catch-up on housecleaning, rifle cleaning and kid cleaning (boy, did they need baths!) after being away for 3 days.    ;D

Photos to be posted tonight.   Stay tuned for shots of Paul in his Revolutionary War gear, me manhandling a Kentucky long rifle and all our fabulous participants showing off their flawless prone shooting positions!    ^:)^
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Weezer

!@#) !@#)

I've tried 3 times to get the photos uploaded here, to no avail.   Not sure if it's the massive storm system sitting right over my house right now, but will try again tomorrow.   Don't give up!    We'll have photos up here if it kills me.   ???
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Weezer

Rifleman Russell!

Rifleman Paul!

Paul gets his Orange Hat!

Weezer

It's a loooong walk down to the KD targets

Only in Texas do we learn about inches, minutes & clicks among the Bluebonnets!

Quinton practices NPOA with a laser

Weezer

Gunner01, Paul the Patriot, Weezer & Scuzzy

The Kentucky Long Rifle really makes the ensemble

Another great costume

Weezer

Ah, what a gorgeous sight!   Look at these fabulous prone shooting positions!   

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Concrete?

Shade?

I have the envies.  :wb:

Looks like a great shoot!

ETA - If Weezer trades in a blue hat for an orange hat - does the blue hat go through a retirement procedure?  ???
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

We didn't do the retirement procedure!   I thought that was only for orange hats!   Rats. :wb:

Is it too late to  :--- in June?   

As for concrete and shade, we accept nothing but the best for our participants.   ;D  Especially since there are scorpions out in the grass.  I know.  From experience.   :cool2:

Weezer

The event ain't over 'til the fat lady...shoots her hat.   ..:..
I'll destroy the blue one next time.   ;)

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on April 23, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
We didn't do the retirement procedure!   I thought that was only for orange hats!   Rats. :wb:

Hmm - don't know - I've never done a blue to orange promotion before. We could always start a new tradition though.

:~

Maybe we can get some scorpions to sting your old blue hat!  ;D
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.