News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shenandoah IA April 18-19

Started by Twineagles, April 20, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

Saturday the weatherman lied wasn't supposed to rain until 3:00 PM. Started raining at around 10 and that pretty much stayed until end of day on Saturday. We had a great determined group of shooters. 8 on Saturday and 5 showed up for Sunday. It was raining Sunday even before we started. Rain and 25 MPH winds staying dry was a challenge. These shooters were one of the most determined group I have ever worked with. On the last AQT of the day they were still engaged and trying to do there best. We did have one Rifleman, Mike, and a couple knocking on the door.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

mac3647

I agree ! What a group. Was a pleasure to meet new Appleseeders and new Instructors, everyone put their hearts into the weekend!
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

mac3647

more pictures
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Ames

I was pretty impressed by all our shooters.  They were real troopers, getting down on those soggy mats and many having to blow the rain water out of their peep sights pretty much all weekend.  Our new rifleman impressed us all -- he persevered through cold, rain and high winds.  Incredible!

Cort