News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa, GA April 18-19

Started by General Stuart, April 20, 2015, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

This weekend in Toccoa brought us 11 true American Patriots. These were the kind of men and women that make our ancestors proud. The shooters on my line were neither summer soldiers nor sunshine patriots. You want to know how I know? Because they persevered through a monsoon, and never wavered.  Not one single complaint for them. The range in Toccoa is under construction, so with all the rain the last few weeks and all the rain this weekend, the firing line and everything else was pure mud and muck.

Our Redcoat target on Saturday morning showed that we had some work to do. We spent a good amount of time getting rifles set up for each shooter. There was not a single rifle there that did not have some duct tape, foam, or zip ties on them. Once we were set up for success, we rolled into teaching the tripod of rifle marksmanship. Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps, and NPOA. Then we saw major improvement. Every person left the event an improved shooter.

Sunday brought heavy rain and wind. Special thanks to BP for bringing canopy's and weights. They were most appreciated. We did not have a chance to get to AQTs because of the wind blowing wet targets off the line. We were able to go out to 100 yards and stretch the legs on our rifles. Everyone had fun ringing steel at 100 yards. The shooters realized that the skills learned at 25 yards do indeed transfer to 100 yards and even greater distances.

The highlight of the weekend was the Memorial Volley. There was a minute of silence and then promptly at 4:00 we sent lead down range. The redcoat target we posted was thoroughly riddled. I dare say we made our ancestors proud. I know I was proud of my shooters. The weekend proved to be time well spent. I hope to see each shooter on the line sometime soon. I certainly want to encourage all of you to continue on your path to becoming a rifleman. 
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

General Stuart

More Pics

General Stuart

More

General Stuart

And More

DrJohn

Heartiest commendations and congratulations to the stalwart students and the dedicated instructors who persisted through this rather challenging weekend. I know how difficult this range can be when subjected to a steady downpour. My hat is off to all of you. Well done!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

guitarzan

I too want to give a loud HUZZAH!!! to a group a Appleseed shooters who endured copious amounts of sticky, red Georgia mud, rain and wind without a complaint while keeping a postitve attitude.  Well done indeed.
"She is a pretty good gun, I think."
                         John C. Garand

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata