News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amite, LA April 18 & 19

Started by Biloxi Steve, April 20, 2015, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biloxi Steve

The Patriot Day event at Amite, LA was a great success. In spite of starting out and having rain most of Saturday and then sweltering heat all day Sunday, we had a really good weekend. The A/S staff Wayne (SBIT), Sean, Mandy, John, and Mark were all ready, willing and dedicated to making this happen and worked without complaint even when slogging through the rain and mud. You all are a great team and I was honored to work with you. We had a very full and busy line both days with 20 shooters on the line Sat and 21 Sun. Of those on Sat. 11 were youth with 9 being Boy Scouts and on Sun. 12 youth, with the Boy Scouts again totaling 9. Even with the rain and mud they all persevered, worked hard to implement the instruction and seemed to enjoy themselves and I think most importantly, gain some new confidence in their marksmanship abilities. I want to take this opportunity to point out 2 particular young men, Nate (not one of the scouts) and Shea for their tenacity and skill. Due to their stature and strength both were shooting prone for all aspects of the COF. however, both had scores well above Rifleman. As they grow and get stronger the staff and I have no doubt they will both shoot Rifleman scores from all positions. To the scout leaders, thanks for bringing the boys and letting Appleseed provide all of the instruction, hopefully you saw what Appleseed had to offer and will bring the boys back again. Pictures will be posted as soon as I can get them to load.