News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville IN. April 18-19 2015 AAR

Started by Mudcat, April 20, 2015, 10:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Patriots weekend brought us 11 shooters, a sloppy water logged range and a bright sun shiny day for Saturday. We had border raiders from IL. We had experienced and beginners. At the end of Saturday we had 2 requal Riflemen a husband and a wife team and yes she bested him by more than 10 points. But we had a few close and all showed a great deal of improvement. Sunday I left the line to a very capable red hat as I attended church. When I showed up Sunday afternoon everyone was wet, rifles were wet, mats were wet. I didn't understand as I was dry ::). Sunday brought us a few rain showers and a flooded range even on the concrete.But I did not hear anyone complaining at all. They were having some rifle issues as well again no complaints. We had 2 really getting close with Joey in the 180s and Jon breaking 200. The husband and wife team of Brandon and Natalie again showed they could do it even in the rain and again with Natalie beating her husband. I know he was proud of her though and took it all in stride. We also got to put a red hat on Ole Fido who took his orange hat last year on Patriots day at Evansville. Congratulations sir. O0
But more important than the rifle marksmanship was that the stories of our founders and the great men and women who stepped up to separate us from tyranny and make it so that we could live free were very well received.
I hope to see you all on the line again in the future and I encourage you all to read and learn more of our great country and how we came to be what we are. I snapped a few pics if you have any feel free to post them as well.

Saturdays line the rocks were dry but the line was very very wet.

Sundays dryer part of the day. lol

This guy brought bbq for everyone and yes it was quite tasty. Oh and his wife out shot him both days.  ;)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

redbaron

What a great weekend to spend on the range, even in less than desirable conditions. As Mudcat said, everyone showed great improvement and were all smiles throughout the weekend. Congrats to Racegun and his wife on re-qualifying and thanks for the BBQ, it was delicious and VERY much appreciated. Congrats to Jimmy on re-qualifying and to Ole Fido on the Red Hat. I  took a few pictures, I will try to get them posted by tomorrow.

Uncle Davey

You bring  them donuts from The Bank?
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Mudcat

No doughnuts but I brought some pumpkin bread.
I forgot about Jimmy shooting Rifleman again, thanks for reminding me.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

olefido

I'm grateful that we had so many great shooters. Chuck, Joey, and Jon, you are knocking on the door. Aaron showed great persaverence in the face of some serious rifle issues. I am very proud that I got the chance to work with such an outstanding young man. He could have said "Enough" on Saturday, but he showed up ready to go on a very rainy Sunday. Good Job!

I also want to thank everyone who helped me this weekend and along the trail.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

ACode812

This is Joey referenced within this post. I have not been to another clinic since the April clinic this post refers to. This past weekend I attended the Indianapolis clinic.  I'm happy to report that I was able to shoot a Rifleman score, not one (215), not two (211), but three times (221). The second time was achieved with iron sights. Being able to obtain a Rifleman score during my second clinic starts by having a solid foundation which was initiated on day one of my first clinic at Red Brush in Evansville back in April.  I want to thank all instructors and volunteers who have taken their time to provide valuable instruction about marksmanship and our countries heritage.