News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL - April 18th - 19th, 2015 Patriots' Day

Started by 4merUSMC1803, April 20, 2015, 02:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Day 1-Patriots' weekend at Columbiana, AL.  As always, the Shelby County (AL) Sheriff's Office opened their top flight facilities to Appleseed this weekend.  We had a solid instructor cadre on hand to help assure a great event for twenty four modern day Yellowhammer state Patriots who braved the rain and possible thunderstorms to strike a blow for Liberty.  As the students arrived, we checked them in, issued handouts and the special Patriots' weekend t-shirts and began with the normal welcome, safety brief, and initial instruction.  The rain having ended, we headed out to the firing line and began in earnest.  Although the rain threatened all day, we were blessed with good enough weather to keep equipment dry, although the ground was saturated after a solid week of rain, and the mud seemed to get on everyone and everything.  Taylor J, a fourteen-year-old young lady re-qualified with her third expert score. 
Day 2 dawned with rain coming down in buckets as the shooters arrived; surprisingly, eighteen Patriots returned for their opportunity to soak up more marksmanship instruction.  After a review period, and the torrential downpour having ended, we headed back out to the firing line to take in some practice and drills.  Then we began the AQT grind; everyone contended with the sloppy conditions and mud without complaint.  During the lunch break, the students were treated to some stories about Dangerous Old Men and Brave Women, as the sun began to peek through the clouds.   After the working lunch, the sun began shining in earnest and five more shooters qualified; Bruce J, Taylor's dad started off with a 210, followed by a 215, and ultimately shot a score of 224. Then three others caught on fire; Anthony C, returning to re-qualify after a long absence, scored a 215. Hunter B shot a score of 224, Chad M recorded a 211, and Bob F shot a 217. This was a wonderful time to commemorate the special weekend that was set in motion 240 years ago!  At 4:00pm EDT, we observed the "Volley for Liberty" and it was awesome!; knowing that Patriots all over the country were observing this momentous day, performing the roll call for those who made the ultimate sacrifice at Lexington and Concord.  Afterwards, courtesy of AR-Mike (and especially Mrs. AR-Mike), staff and students alike were treated to a very special Betsy Ross cake.  To mark the occasion, the oldest and youngest Patriots present, representing past Patriots and posterity, received the ceremonial first slice of cake, then everyone else shared the remaining portions.  At this time all attendees were presented the commemorative patches for the shoot. This was a very special weekend for the Yellowhammer State!

I believe there are several photos to be posted, so stay tuned to this AAR and check back often.  Shooters please feel free to post your comments or provide your input.
D Lawley

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

tlawley

Good times.
I was impressed by the improvement shown by all shooters over the weekend.
Also, the number of youth shooters was encouraging.
Thanks to all the parents/grandparentd who brought the kids. They are our posterity.
Sent some pics to the shoot boss to post. ( I am not computer literate enough to post them)

headshot heather

It was absolutely an excellent shoot. We had some very teachable attitudes and enthusiastic shooters despite the mud pit they were rolling around in. It makes my job so much easier as an instructor when shooters are eager to learn, and that eagerness was rewarded when their groups tighten up after implementing the lessons.  I was so thrilled to finally see Cole get his rifleman score (twice). After working with him and his brother at the last shoot they attended, I knew he was getting close. Definitely even more thrilled to see his cousin, dad, uncles and granddad at the event as well. That's how the Lawley's got started and I hope Cole and his family continue to keep appleseed a part of their lives.
Also, Thanks to ARmike for the fantastic Betsy Ross cake and all the extra decor!! It definitely added to this special shoot.
the ultimate in feminine protection, .22 for light days, .45 for heavy days
"A republic if YOU can keep it"- Benjamin Franklin
"My idea of gun control is hitting what I aim at"- tlawley

DUHON

Great weekend! Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy.

Pop Revere

Dear Patriots,
Sorry for the delay in getting this post and pictures online. I've been super busy.

Despite the mud I'm glad so many of you showed up to help make it a great weekend for Liberty. I was especially happy to see some old friends, (Duhon & Anthony). My buddy Anthony got me into Project Appleseed in 2011. Now I'm trying to get him back in. Since he re-qualified as a rifleman this weekend I got to figure out a way to get him to take another Orange Hat.

Besides all of the great marksmanship skills you learned this weekend I hope all of you learned some history.
Remember what I told you in the 3rd Strike. April 19, 1775 is the most important day in American history. Without that day there would be no America. When the colonist made the decision to take the offensive against the Redcoats at Merriam's Corner they no longer considered themselves British subjects  but Americans. That is when and where America was born. If you will recall I asked you all to please make the effort to learn the true history of that day. Then tell the story to everyone you know, especially the children. They deserve to know the truth about their heritage. It is our DUTY to know it and teach it. Because if we don't know our History and Heritage how can we call ourselves TRUE AMERICANS.
Ok,Ok I'm getting off my soapbox now. :sb:

I'm attaching some pics from this weekend. Hope you enjoy them. If you want a full scalw hi-res copy send me an email and I will send you one.

In Liberty,
AR-Mike
mikecofield@bellsouth.net
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

More pics ...
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

few more pics ... ;D

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

Last batch of pics, promise... :wb:

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

Sorry I forgot to say thanks to SnapBang for his helping Dayton. Glad to have you as a part of Project Appleseed. Looking forward to working with you again. I also wanted to say Thank You to my extended family, The Lawleys. :) It's always a pleasure to see all of you.

Ar-Mike

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022