News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PIRU, CA - PATRIOTS DAY, APRIL 18-19, 2015

Started by Camljr, April 20, 2015, 01:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

"What a glorious day for America!"

And it was here in Piru, CA... as we were blessed with temps in the 80 degree range, with a slight breeze, it was glorious indeed!

Saturday, the line was packed elbow to elbow with 28 patriotic Americans ready to drink from
the  fire hose of instruction. Morning redcoats were not too bad with half of the attendees getting three in at least the 100 yard target.

History was well received and I think there must have been some dust blowing around in the crowd during lunch... The dust hit my eyes,  I know that!

By the end of Saturday, we had LeeWay with the high score of the day with a 192. We had quite a few in the 170 range, too, with 15 people qualifying as Marksman or better.

Sunday, we saw 21 folks on the line, and got right to it! We talked about the timeline on April 19th, 1775, and where and what the colonists were doing that day. Here in California, the Volleyfire For Liberty was to be at 1PM, right about the time that the British were receiving "Parker's Revenge" and we gave it to those redcoats, good!!! :~

During Lunch we talked about the DOM's and Dangerous Dames, and their contributions and sacrifices for the war for independence...

"Back to the line!"

Afternoon AQT's showed improvement for most people, with a few ending the day knocking on the door of that Rifleman's Patch. We ended the day with no official riflemen, but a few real close... High score of the day was Matt with a 207, Robert, a close second with a 203, Noah with a 199, Jeff with a 191, Barry with a 187, Alex with a 184, with ken (178) and Armando (170) just squeaking out a Sharpshooter score.

Keep up the dry practice at home, take someone to the range and teach them to shoot well, and come on back to another Appleseed and take home that Rifleman patch...

I just want to say that I met a lot of genuinely nice people this weekend... I hope the instructors and myself met your expectations, and we hope you had a good time!!! I sure did! O0

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

elf0341

Thanks for a really great experience this weekend.  My son and I both enjoyed it and will be back for a future event.

So glad that we could participate in this Patriots Day event!

Camljr

We were glad you made it out!

See you next event.... :~ :~ :~ :~

now to post more pictures, because........

:pics:
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

More Pics!!!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

and still more pics!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

MORE!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

Did anyone else take any pictures?

Post them!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Pb-J

I really appreciate the time and effort that went into the 18-19th of April Appleseed Clinic.
Especially thanks to Ryan, Pete, Ronnie & Cameron!
1. Fantastic weather [ minus the wind ;-) ]
2. Great people and patient but persistent attitudes
3. Pacing was pretty good for all of the new info
4. Scores did increase [I can speak for myself at least]
5. Many aspects of "taking a shot" and hold positions did sink in over the two days
6. Camaraderie was more apparent than a sort of competitive spirit, students did help each other
7. My blunders were pointed out in a way that encouraged improvement, not to foster criticism
8. The historical theme was cleverly woven through 3/4 of the event and was appreciated
9. Everyone with whom I spoke did agree that they wanted to return for more AQTs ;-)
10. What did I leave out?   We had a good time for Darn SURE.
I actually feel like I let down the effort since I should have scored at least a 210, but the truth is
that I scored as follows on Sunday: 161 [oops]  then 178, 181, 187, 192,
One more big thanks to all of the volunteering instructors and to V and to the Range owner Mike Thompson for stopping by to speak on the historical date; April 19th!
-jeff

G_fresh

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff! Keep coming out and we'll do what we can to get you to your goal of 210...

I had a pleasure working with everyone on Patriots Day. Thanks for the perseverance and hope to see each of you again!

Ryan