News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA Apr 18-19, 2015

Started by George Hacker, April 20, 2015, 12:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Wow! What a wonderful weekend. Weather was great - sunny and warm, not hot. Shooters were teachable and easy to work with. The event was safe, some Americans learned some rifle marksmanship skills, and hearts and minds were affected by the stories of the patriots of 1775.

I am tired and have to unload my truck. I will upload and post my pictures tomorrow. If attendees (and other instructors) have pictures and things to add, please add onto this thread and post 'em.

George
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

Excellent weekend indeed! The weather was perfect; warm (but not too warm) with the gentle breeze and occasional gust to help keep us cool. The Blue Lake Range is an excellent venue for an Appleseed with a new cover to provide shade and shelter. The shooters were dedicated, highly motivated and focused on learning about marksmanship and history. I really enjoyed working with this group!

Jim being congratulated for earning his Rifleman patch on his second Appleseed, with proud son Logan looking on.

Logan receiving his Young Patriot patch. Great job, Logan! You worked hard and demonstrated a very teachable attitude.

Shooters checking targets during the 100 yard KD course.

A look at the new cover on the range--that's JohnD scoring AQTs while the shooters are downrange checking targets.

Jim and Logan, father and son, bonding at the range. It's a beautiful thing.

Jeannie and Jim

George getting some trigger time.

Karlee

Jeannie getting dialed in.

That's all the pictures I had time to take. It was a busy weekend. I saw lots of improvement with all the shooters and believe every one of them can achieve Rifleman. Practice what you learned and come back soon to another Appleseed!
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

JohnD

George/Kenjo are terrific instructor's/SB's, great weather and very committed shooters. The new cover and general setup of the Blue Lake Range in Stevenson, WA was excellent. Plus the view going across the Bridge of the Gods is spectacular.

Congrats to Jim on achieving Rifleman. The 1 pm remembrance for those patriots who gave their lives, such that we can enjoy our freedoms, was very moving.

Johnd1145

George Hacker

Here are some of the pictures I took.

John teaching the six steps to firing the shot.

Kenjo shows how to safely get into a loop sling.

John teaches shooters how to adjust their sights with IMC.

What are the targets telling us on Sunday morning?

Correcting bad habits with the ball and dummy drill.

Another angle on the ball and dummy drill.

Jeanie, one of the shooters, helps with teaching the sitting position.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

whit

Glad ya'll had a great shoot.  The weather was wonderful.  Dundee was a madhouse.  We had so many shooters we had to run relays.

Huzzah to John for taking up the orange hat.  Glad to see him instructing.

Whit

Jim Bogesvang

Kenjo, George and John,
Thanks heaps for sharing your experience, patience and sense of history! It was a very safe shoot, fantastic venue and fun group. We appreciated the hospitality. We'll see you again and LoBo will be back for his patch ;^> Thanks again, Jim

arpjoe

Good to see my friends in Washington state on the Appleseed Forum.  I was glad to have been part of the nationwide volley on April 19th at Joe Foss Shooting Range in Buckeye, AZ doing what you were doing for the weekend.   :)

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343