News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interested in volunteering and eventually becoming an instructor

Started by Chimich, April 20, 2015, 12:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimich

Attended the April 18/19 appleseed in Buckeye, AZ....definitely my best and most enjoyable appleseed yet (if you ignore the heat).  Make some new friends and saw some from a prior event.  KC / Joe / Tom were all top-notch in their teaching and coordinating of the event...thanks much guys!

Have now attended three events, all in Buckeye: Dec 2014 (qualified as rifleman), March 2015, April 2015 (qualified again as rifleman).

I'd definitely like to start down the road of volunteering/teaching....

almost forgot, this is George Church.

thanks,

AZRedhawk44

Welcome aboard, George!

I'll get the ball rolling on your intro to instructor in training this week.  I've got some post-event paperwork to tie up either Monday or Tuesday, so expect some info headed your way Tuesday or Wednesday. 

-KC

Group Therapy

Hi KC,

I second that as well, add me to the list please.  I am interested as well in volunteering and teaching.

Bryan Rodriguez
"From A Place You Will Not See...Comes A Sound You Will Not Hear!"...

AZRedhawk44

Gentlemen, can you please each post the exact AQT score you got?  I can't read it from Tom's pics he took, the resolution is too low.

azmule

Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Group Therapy

AZRedhawk44

http://appleseedinfo.org/tips/docs/IIT0%20Progress%20Check%20%28Orange%20Hat%29.pdf

Bryan, George:

Can you both please download this form and fill it out?

When done, snap a pic of it with your cell phone and send it to me, or scan it or whatever is convenient.  I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

-KC

AZRedhawk44

Also, sign up for Scott's "Persist!" mailing list.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21574.0

We do stuff aside from Appleseeds, together.  Instructor-only events a couple times a year with full distance days at various ranges around the State, or enter into team shooting competitions, things like that.  We use Persist! to organize things like that.

Chimich

my first rifleman score in dec2014/buckeye was 215
my 2nd score in apr2015/buckeye was 220

thanks,George C.

Chimich

KC, the form with the two questions has been sent to your phone, thanks, George C.

AZRedhawk44

George is now officially an IIT, may God have mercy on his soul!   ;D

As soon as Bryan gets the PC0 to me his promotion will go into effect.

HNHArmory

Hello,  this is Nick.   I was shooting with Bryan this weekend.   

I'm just here to hide and watch the process. 

Congrats to both George and Bryan.

"...why are there 30 caliber holes in my target, Bryan?"

AZRedhawk44

Welcome, Nick.

Feel free to join the Persist! list also, and to lurk.

Chimich

Need an assist... The 'firearms laws and you'   link under freds required reading section is not available to me...its either missing or i dont have the priv to read it.
Thanks

AZRedhawk44

Yeah... those links are a bit out of date.   ::)  It's been raised to the webadmin in charge of that section of the site.

Clean-up of old info is sometimes challenging on this site.

AZRedhawk44

Found the link, here's the info:

QuoteAppleseed Volunteers-

Familiarization with the laws governing firearms ownership in your state, and those you intend to travel to, is part and parcel to being a responsible firearms owner.  What may be perfectly legal in one state, could put you in prison in another.

Being a nation-wide organization, with volunteers in literally every state, it is difficult, if not impossible, for our members to be aware of every potential law and regulation.  However, Federal laws are a good place to start, since they are the minimum standard in each state.

Some folks have asked whether it is legal to loan a rifle to an attendee, or if this might be considered an illegal firearms transfer.  The answer to this is found directly in the Federal regulations.

In regards to the loaning of firearms, Federal law allows the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
For our purposes, this means that anyone may loan a rifle to another person at an Appleseed shoot, for the duration of the shoot, regardless if they are from the same State of Residence.  This assumes that the recipient of the loaner rifle is not otherwise disbarred from the possession of firearms.  Please note that the recipient of the loaner rifle MAY NOT take the rifle home, as this would constitute a transfer of ownership.  Also note that some states have restrictions (especially age) as to who may receive a loaner rifle, and under what circumstances.

Please be sure that the rifle you intend to loan out at an event is legal to possess in the state in which the event takes place.  Some states have restrictions on certain rifle features, and or magazine capacity.

'Transferring' a firearm is defined as when either ownership or direct control of the firearm passes from one individual to another.  Appleseed instructors and volunteers should be aware of the rules and regulations concerning firearms transfers, ensuring full compliance.  It is unlawful to transfer possession of a firearm to a resident of another state, without going through an FFL to make the transfer.  State laws may also make the transfer process more stringent, even for in-state resident-to-resident transfers.  Before buying, selling or otherwise transferring a firearm, please be certain that your actions are lawful.  Failure to do so may put both yourself, and the RWVA at risk.

For reference, the Federal Code regulating this is
Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
PART 478--COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
ยง 478.30   Out-of-State disposition of firearms by nonlicensees.
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=27:3.0.1.2.3&idno=27#27:3.0.1.2.3.3.1.10

Basic gist:  Don't take an AR to an Appleseed in California (mag capacity ban, "bullet button" requirement, probably other violations as well).  Don't loan a rifle to anyone in Washington... ever (illegal to do private transfers, worded in a way that makes loaning/borrowing also illegal).  Know the laws where you are going and don't set yourself or a shooter or RWVA up for trouble.  Err on the side of caution.

arpjoe

George & Bryan,

I thank you both for stepping up to volunteer and extend your Rifleman qualification to help promote the history and heritage.   ^:)^

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Group Therapy

Quote from: arpjoe on April 28, 2015, 11:10:03 PM
George & Bryan,

I thank you both for stepping up to volunteer and extend your Rifleman qualification to help promote the history and heritage.   ^:)^

Joe

Thanks Joe

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata