News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MGGOA - Dublin, GA 18-19APR15

Started by Guardian, April 20, 2015, 12:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian

We had a great group of Patriots turn out this weekend to celebrate in less than ideal conditions. You all proved you are not the "summer soldiers and sunshine patriots." It was truly an honor to spend my weekend amongst you. Your zeal for Liberty was an inspiration!

We got a late start Saturday, but continued to slog through the mud as best we could. I appreciate everyone's positive attitudes and perseverance!

Jimmy, thanks for bringing your grandsons to our event and then using your UTV as a taxi all weekend! The former wouldn't have occurred without you. The latter kept things moving a little faster.

Serina, Joan, and Chris, thanks for being good sports about having the muddiest spots on the line.

Taylor and Gabe, you both did well this weekend....and learned you life is possible without cellular devices. O0

Andy and Roxanne, you both saw improvement. Roxanne displayed excellent muzzle awareness while doing the hot brass dance.

Mike, you continue to improve with each event you attend and your self-motivation is commendable!

Dru and Geni, you both are excellent shooters. Dru, continue to focus on the finer points.

Allan, Charley, Matt, Mark, Walker, and Chris, excellent shooting.

Lydia, your persistence with a rifle that was too heavy was admirable.

Lyn, your upbeat and can do attitude were a pleasure to have on the line. You are a quick study, as well!

William, thanks for your patience throughout the weekend and your interest in the program. You are already a very good shooter. The speed will come with practice.

Derek, you made great progress this weekend!

If I missed anyone, I apologize for the oversight. This was a great group of shooters. The Instructors were impressed with how quickly the shot groups shrunk. It is rare to have as many first time attendees as we had this weekend and everyone be shooting groups 8 MOA or better by the end of the weekend, much less the first day! You came to learn and it was apparent.

Remember that perfect practice makes perfect. Dry firing will help each of you improve in the comfort of your own home.

I hope to see each of you at future events and encourage you to spread the message of Liberty!

DrJohn

What an encouraging and gratifying report, that commitment, perseverance, dedication, and determination are alive and well in this great country. Our gallant students are an inspiration to us all, and reaffirms our faith there is something precious and valuable and worth fighting for. My commendation to all, and my fervent hope that I may have the honor and pleasure to see all of you again, and soon. Congratulations and best wishes to all.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

American Savage

All things considered, this was one of the most memorable events I have worked to date. The upbeat and positive attitude of each shooter seemed to me to magnify and build upon itself. Where I have been to events where weather was an issue, where the elements seemed to "drag down" the shooters, this was never the case here. The shooters at this Appleseed definitely kept up a positive attitude and ignored the rain, the mud, and the muck, and made a top notch event out of something that could have descended into a memorable event for other reasons; none of them good. Some of the greatest people I have had the honor to spend time with on the line were in Dublin this weekend. My hat is off to each of you for your positive spirit and willingness to press on. Your upbeat attitude was infectious and really made this event special!
Lt. K

TnT

To the instuctors, you all were great! I enjoyed both days and cannot stop thinking about using what I learn to get better. All the the best and I will do what I can to promote Appleseed.

God Bless
TnT

American Savage

Orange Hat retired, thank you to all who left me a wonderful memento of the AS road to here; and judging by the holes I see a lot of riflemen patches being given away real soon!!!
Lt. K

Roswell

Sounds like a great event! Good job on persisting students!  :---

And

Congratulations and well earned Lt. K!  :bow:
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23