News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion, IL April 18 & 19, 2015

Started by TheEditor, April 20, 2015, 12:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Great time, Good shoot.  Thanks to everyone (students and instructors) who came. 

25 shooters, 9 Riflemen!

Youngest shooter 19, oldest shooter 91! 

Revolutionary War reenactors on Saturday, a bugler sounding Taps on Sunday immediately following the Shot Heard Round the World! 

Lots of people took pictures; I'm sure some will be posted here soon. 

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

imadentist

First things first, a big thank you to the Editor and Frank for coming down and helping out the SoIL crew.  It is always nice to work with new folks and see how they do things (so you can steal all their good ideas).  Many thanks to Bill Hershey for blowing live TAPS for us at the end of the patriot volley (it really does give the occasion the proper respect) He drove 300 miles round trip in a pouring rain for no pay (Bill you are true patriot in every sense of the word)!!!

To the many students who came and suffered through the rain (i still don't know if I have ever worked an appleseed that was not wet...maybe someday) my hat is off to you for stepping up.  For my fellow instructors who give so freely of their time, talents, and treasure, there are no words so I shall just say "Thank You".

To the Egyptian Rifle and Pistol club who so graciously hosts us every year, all I can say is that your club does what so many others are not willing to do!  My hat is off to all your members for their generosity.  Thank You!  Larry, John, Bart, thanks for all you did, without you and your club we would not have a range is deep SoIL.

Most of all thank you to the men, women, and children who laid it all on the line 240 years ago!

**So Sorry to have forgotten to mention the reenactors...the longkinves chapter of the sons of the american revolution...they are great patriots and even taught us how to load shoot a muzzle loader...thanks so much!  I have a cell phone video of the demo that I will try to upload...my tech support is no longer available.  :-[

Happy Patriots Day one and all, may there be many more!

TheEditor

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Biggs

:pics:

Is Jason sending pics to you or anyone else, TheEditor?  He told me that he'd be giving them to "whoever runs the facebook" to upload and that if I wanted any high res pics to let him know (we forgot to exchange emails later).

Any contact info for him would be appreciated if sent via PM.

TheEditor

Marion shooters!  Not all of us are on facebook.  Post some pics here or comments. 

We had NINE people (out of 25) achieve the significant milestone of Rifleman!  I'll list their first names and scores when I have them in front of me (probably tomorrow).  But you don't have to wait for me.  Pictures comments and feedback are welcome. 

Te
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

ohyoukid

I'm new to posting, so please pardon me for stumbling around while I try to figure out attachments. We had a great time at Marion, and I have a few posts up at my blog, which is sorted for Appleseed here: http://truebluesam.blogspot.com/search/label/Appleseed

TheEditor

Thanks for the link.  Good pics and VIDEO of the Rev. War reenactor loading and firing a period piece. 
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

ohyoukid

Here are some of the photos from April 19 at Marion.

TheEditor

I finally found my list of Riflemen and scores. 

I just have real first names; If you have a screen name or you know their screen name, let us know. 

Congratulations to: 

Michael - 240
Julie - 220
Sam IV - 225
Daniel - 217
Susan - 219
Meghann - 212
David - 213

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

imadentist

Steve and Luke Abbott also patched although I do not recall the scores. 

TheEditor

Sorry for not getting their names on the initial list. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com