News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaplin CT April 18-19

Started by Morpheus, April 19, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

Just a quick note to get this started before we pack the van and head back to GA.

It was certainly worth the drive and effort to get to CT for this most memorable Patriot's Day weekend. For thems that don't know, my family and I travelled up here from Georgia to lend a hand for this busy weekend. Cipher and I headed to Chaplin while Red Niva and Gretchen went over to Colebrook. We all agree that it was time well spent!

Thank you all for your efforts and love of liberty. For the shooters and instructors alike, your passion for the heritage and marksmanship showed and it was most enjoyable to spend this time with the likes of you. :bow:

As per my usual, I took few pictures this weekend. If you have some to post or some comments on your experience on this weekend please share them here. Once safely back in GA with a little time to recuperate, I will strive to submit some more details as I remember them.
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Heavyduty77

This was a great Appleseed weekend! We had an excellent group of shooters to work with and the weather was perfect.

Of particular significance was Morpheus' inspirational recitation of Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" speech verbatim from memory.

Thanks again to all who participated.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

edleit

A more idyllic weekend we could not have asked for in terms of weather ^:)^ What a great way to spend a weekend! Thanks go out to all of participants who made this so enjoyable. It is so gratifying to watch you all persist and progress.

Glad that Heavyduty77 mentioned Morpheus' oration. That was very moving and a wonderful way to punctuate the heritage presentations. We look forward to having you back to CT.

And many thanks to the Fin Fur & Feather for the use of their facility (for those who didn't realize, they actually shut down the skeet range closest to our rifle range, while hosting a big skeet match!)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" — Edmund Burke

stargazer

I was one of the first-time Appleseeder at this event.   You instructors were outstanding!  I learned so much through all of this both technical and historical.  Thank you, a thousand times, to all of you!   :bow: 

As one of the females at the event, my new goal is to get out there an encourage other women to sign up and give an Appleseed weekend a try.  Great people, great environment and great knowledge being shared.  You can't ask for more. 

And to you, Morpheus, that oration was absolutely outstanding. We are all still talking about that one.  Very moving and very inspirational on that April 19th afternoon.  You left us in awe.

Can't wait to get to another event and make another attempt at RM.  :)

AICIRTAP

Hi Folks,

Here are some photos of the event. Great job everyone!

AICIRTAP

More photos :)