News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, Iowa 18-19 Apr 2015

Started by IXOYE, April 19, 2015, 09:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic weekend in Dubuque with nineteen shooters on Saturday and thirteen on Sunday. Three participants earned their rifleman patch on Sunday. Congratulations to Clinton, Chad, and Jason!!! The weather was fantastic and everyone did a great job. The commemorative shoot at 3:00 PM on Sunday to honor those who fell 240 years ago was heart moving and somber.

Thanks to Kenyon for coming and helping out for his first time as an Orange Hat. A very special thank you to the crew from Minnesota who drove a total of thirty six hours to serve as instructors. Buzz, Jason, and Sheri - this event would not have happened had you not responded to the call. We were honored and blessed by your presence.

I would also like to thank the Izaak Walton club for allowing us to use their range for this special 240th anniversary event!

I'll post some pictures in a separate entry.

Rex

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are a few pictures:

Most of the Sunday Crew

Commemorative Redcoat

Stage 4 of the AQT

Our first rifleman of the day

Seated

Our amazing shoot boss

Sheri

Prone from Above

Left side of the Line

I'll post our riflemen once I get confirmation of their photo releases.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Twineagles

Thanks to all the border raiders! Glad you had such a successful shoot! It was wet in Shenandoah!

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

IXOYE

We had some great coverage by the Telegraph Herald newspaper.

IXOYE

Buzz and our Three New Riflemen

Chad scored 226 with his centerfire

Jason scored a 216 with his centerfire

Clinton scored a 223 with his 10/22