News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Livingston, New York April18-19,2015

Started by Grumpy1, April 19, 2015, 09:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Great Spring Weather welcomed Students and Instructors, to The Kalicoontie Rod and Gun Club, in Livingston NY. , to Celebrate The 240th Anniversary, of The Battles of Lexington and Concord.

19 Students joined us on Saturday, an even mix of both new and experinced Appleseeders. Students remained Attentive and Engaged, actively particpating in lessons, asking questions, and putting new skills to the test :---

We were joined by both Familys and Friends alike,

Father and son team Stan and Stan pecked away all weekend with there Bolt actions , Both knocking at the door of the elusive 210 :)

Father and son Craig and Cameron have become regulars at my events, It was Great to see them again.

Guy stuck with it all weekend, putting new fundamentals to the test, he was also creeping up on that 210.

Shari, our newest Blue Hat, spent lots of time racking up expert scores,  O0 see below

John  kept working on his skill throughout the weekend, and his hard work paid off with a 212.

Megan worked through many equiptment issues, Finally settling in with a loaner, and Making the score, I hear shes gonna be headed to the gun shop in the near future!!

Vincent worked had all weekend, learning and applying fundamentals , and his scores continued to improve! O0

Peter really enjoyed the History, commenting and asking questions about the Strikes. Back on the line he worked hard and really hard concentrating on shrinking those groups.

Trish, a locally well known pistol shooter, finally made it to an Appleseed, finished the day, with a high score of 206 O0

Joe the clubs president was only able to join us on Saturday, but he shot a couple of good score, and Im sure he'll be back!

Dani was finally pesuaded by Joe to attend an Appleseed, and from the Smiles I saw , I think well se her again too!

Pat and Ray both previous Appleseeders worked hard all weekend and made their scores improve!

Phillp had a Great time with his AR, booming away Aqt after Aqt :~(icon accuratly represents muzzle flash)

John, way down on the Right with his 308 garand, worked all weekend and made his scores improve O0

The First and Third Strikes were presented by Smurf, NYs Libertyseed Coordinator. O0

Spock 951, presented The Second Strike at Lunchtime.  O0

Speaking of lunch, Kimbers provided us with two trays of Homemade Lasangna :bow:

Students finished up on Saturday with a couple of AQTs, followed up with some marked improvement on the afternoon, Redcoat.

17 Students joined us on Sunday. We started the Morning with Known Distance , and a review of our Safty Briefing. By 10:00 Everyone was ready to start . We started with some drills, and then continued on with Stage by Stage AQTs

Spock 951, did a Great Job, with Dangerous Old Men , during lunch.

We continued the afternoon AQT Grind , with a break for the Cheeze It Drill.
Thank You to Cameron for providing Americas Favorite Cheese Flavor 4 MOA Snack. O0

We handed out discussed Bloody Butchery, before the Memorial Volly, and Did that Volley sound Fantastic! :bow: Every Shot fired in unison, with Philp, John and Keith following along with those boomers, really made the hair on the back of You neck stand up!

We Had some Riflemen!

Gunny, requalified with a 243, and a 242( on a pink rifle)  ::)

Rick, requalified with a 220 :---

John, a new Rifleman with a 212 :---

Megan, a new Rifleman with a 217 :---

Shari, a new Rifleman with a 210, 212, 217,226 :---, and Yes the 210 was bleesed with North Bridge Water( Thanks Dude O0)

Stan won our Cheeze It Drill, making 5 outta 5 shots with his Bolt Action :~

We had a Returning Young Patriot, Cameron :~

Thanks to our Students, some who travelled over two hours to come to this event!, I hope to see you all again real soon.

Thanks to my Insructor Team,

dude

Spock951

longrange

DonC

Kimbers ( New Orange Hat)

drifter52 (New Orange Hat)

Sharbare( New Blue)

Smurf, NYs Libertyseed Coordinator

Thank You to longrange , kimbers, and Sharbare for Friday set up O0

Big Thanks to the Joe, Al and the Members of the Kalicoontie Rod and Gun Club, for their hospitality.

There is some sad news to report , we'll at least for New York anyway :'(

Spock951 who is a Great Friend and Instructor, informed us, that this was going to be his last New York Appleseed Event, He had finalized plans to move to Wisconsin. 

On Behalf of New York, I would like to wish Keith and Dorothy, the absolute Best of Luck on their relocation.

Keith you will be missed, and always remember your always welcome in New York!

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..Sounds like a great event, great job everyone.. O0
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kimbers

The weather was great this weekend. New students willing to learn and returning ones ready for more shooting. Everyone loved the cheeze it drill!

kimbers

Some patches given Sunday afternoon.

kimbers

more pics

kimbers

pics

VietVet

Great job by all. NEW YORK STRONG!!! O0

(Gunny with a Pink Rifle? Noooooooo!)

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Spock951

Fantastic weather, a great group of shooters, and a very special 240th anniversary weekend!

I really enjoyed working with this great group, and saw tremendous improvement from everyone over the course of the weekend.  Congratulations to our new Riflemen, and to those of you knocking on the door - don't give up!  Persistence, patience and practice are the keys!

A special thanks to all of the instructors that I have had the pleasure of working with here in New York over the last two years, especially Grumpy1, Smurf, and Dude.  You have been an inspiration to me, and hope that our paths will continue to cross even after I move to Wisconsin.  Thank you so much for the heartfelt send off that you gave me at the end of the shoot.  I only hope that I can continue to contribute to Appleseed with the same high standards that you have set here in New York!

Daffy69

I had a great time attending my first Appleseed.  The weather was great and the instruction was even better- I learned a lot and identified a few "bugs" in my gear and my skills  to work on and will be practicing a lot for the next shoot. My daughter turns 12 in July so you can bet I'll be bringing her to the next one! Thanks everyone!