News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN April 18-19, 2015

Started by ATM, April 19, 2015, 07:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Day 1 was awesome! What a pleasure sharing the line and the occasion with such a fine group, you all did great!

Getting ready for more now on day 2 - more marksmanship, more heritage, more fellowship, more fun!

Please share your experiences, pictures and thoughts here. More this evening...  :pop:

ATM
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

dmazzio

There is no way I can show my gratitude and appreciation enough for what ATM, TJ, Alex and all the other volunteers did for myself and my family this weekend. My first Appleseed and I brought my 11 year old daughter, Rachel, and my wife, Amy, along with me and the experience  was one that will be remembered for a lifetime. Rachel and myself were really looking forward to going Amy was just going because it was a family thing to do. All I can say that by the end of the day today there were only two people left that still wanted to shoot in the pouring rain, as you guessed it was Rachel and Amy. So as they get to the line, 100 yards from 2 steel targets my wife turns to my daughter and says "It's on little girl. Which target so you want"; Rachel chose the smaller of the two, what I believe was a 8"x8" steel square. The shooting begins and Rachel goes 10 for 10 kicking her mother's butt. Needless to say I was a very proud daddy, of course I have to live with the two of them.

There is something to be said not just for this program but for the instructors that kept an 11 year old girl so engaged and enthusiastic even on the 2nd day that she chose to continue shooting in the pouring rain and not complain.

Thank you guys for everything, we will be back and hopefully with some new shooters.

cbhausen

I took a blue hat for the first time for this one. The handshakes, thanks, and certainly seeing Rachel abuse that steel the afternoon of day 2 made it all worth it and left me eager to do this again. For me, the best part of an Appleseed weekend is seeing the youngsters discover and appreciate our heritage and become safer and better with their rifles.

indygunguy

Quote from: dmazzio on April 19, 2015, 09:18:50 PM
Rachel chose the smaller of the two, what I believe was a 8"x8" steel square. The shooting begins and Rachel goes 10 for 10 kicking her mother's butt.

That was SO much fun to watch.  I hope Rachel could hear the group of us cheering every time she hit the steel!

bocefus78

As a newbie, I was pretty disappointed that I could not be there for this one!  I had to work this weekend since I am behind schedule due to some rain outs, and I will admit, I thought of all the shooters laying in the puddles, and instructors out in the rain.  Congrats to the rifleman, and huzzah to cbhausen for taking a hat!

I have heard ATM sings and dances while instructing-yep, I wanted to see that. I also wanted some bacon.  ;D

Now,  :pics:  Where are they at?

TheJoker

Quote from: bocefus78 on April 20, 2015, 12:25:54 PM
I have heard ATM sings and dances while instructing-yep, I wanted to see that. I also wanted some bacon.  ;D

ATM did not disappoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNfhDFJD4p4

Old Coach

Great Weekend!  (okay, the rain Sunday afternoon was abit of a downer).  My third time, did not qualify but shot my personal best at 185.  Learn something new about shooting and about history every time.  Can't say enough about the event.  Wonderful group of friendly people.  Instructors were awesome.  Thanks to ATM, TJ, Rifle Girl, and others plus Cary and the other Blue Hats.  My first time at Crawfordsville, great place for a shoot.  ATM singing was worth the price of admission.  Will try again soon - need to earn some meat candy!  Liberty Volley was very moving.  Thanks to everyone!

ATM

OK, now I'm itchin' for those pics, too!
First, a quick shout out to congratulate our new Riflemen: way to go, Brian, Mike L., and Rodney!  ^:)^

However, as we've learned, there's more to becoming a Rifleman than achieving an expert score - it's a journey that encompasses so much more. The Rifleman spirit was alive and well, evident in each participant and as a group. You all did great and contributed so much toward "making the most" of that which was dearly defended and secured on our behalf.

Old friends and new rallied past obstacles, supported one another and shared lots of progress and fun in the process.

I'm still not quite recovered from the weekend, nor in a sense do I ever want to be. I kinda like staying stirred up.  ;)

cbhausen

:pics:

So here they are!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+CaryBettenhausen/albums/6140408432345374993

The images encompass the first Redcoat and First Strike of the Match on Saturday and conclude with awarding of Rifleman patches on Sunday.

I had a great time under the Blue Hat and certainly will be back for more, both volunteering and shooting!

ATM

Look at that line!

Outstanding pics, cbhausen! Outstanding event.  O0

ATM

Almost forgot to post up the link we promised to the 90 minute LibertySeed at the Indy War Memorial presented by Yellowhousejake:

Please share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA

That's your story, our story.

rbsangler

OK!!! First and foremost....THANK YOU!!! to the men and women that volunteer their time and passions to the cause that I dearly love.....The Appleseed Project.
I am hooked!!! This event was all of and more than expected. The people are always wonderful. I have been to so many appleseeds that I lost count....but its in the neighborhood of 8....as observer, participant....'casual" participant and eager to learn patriot. I scored my very first Rifleman with a 221....and even though I have to do it "all prone all the time" due to physical restrictions during transitions and sitting......It is still very very challenging to achieve a rifleman score....
Thanks again to everyone, I brouhgt my girlfriend Brenda, and she shot better in her first Appleseed than I did in any of my first 6. She is a naturally gifted shooter though, and strongly determined.
I love the Patriots Day Appleseeds the most....and we really showed that Redcoat during this years Liberty Volley!!! HUUUZZZA!!! HUUZZZA!!! HUUUZZZAAA!! Alas. Brenda and I have decided to travel to Lexington and Concord next April 19 weekend to see where it all happened, maybe we will be able to squEEEEEEEEEEEEEze in attending a local Appleseed as observers there next year. we shall hope and see. Untill then, we plan on another here in indiana sometime this fall, maybe Bedford?????  Hope to see you all real soon.