News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mocksville, NC, April 18th homeschool shoot

Started by Moylan, April 18, 2015, 08:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moylan

We had a great day at Mocksville's Veteran's Range.  19 participants came out on a beautiful Saturday for a special one-day homeschool shoot.  While the shooters were mainly youths, parents were invited to participate as well, and we did have some of them on the line.  A local 4H shooting team brought several kids, who were getting geared up for regionals.  It was a great day out on the range!  It's always very encouraging to see the next generation off the couch and learning about marksmanship and our American heritage. 

Special thanks to our IIT's, Hornblower and Bohemond, who both did a fantastic job working with the shooters.  And also to the board at Veteran's Range, who hosted us for the first time.  I hope it won't be the last!

I am afraid I was a bit too tied up to ever get around to taking any pictures.  I think Hornblower has some, and I'll try to get them up soon.  Others, though, post 'em if you've got 'em. 
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton