News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA April 18-19 2015 AAR

Started by Earl, April 18, 2015, 01:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Preparing to pack out for the Appleseed, two hundred and forty years ago in Boston, a crown colony there were people watching to see what was happening, what was going to happen, and decision makers (General Gage, Samuel Adams, John Hancock, and Doctor Warren) were making plans for their purposes over the next few days or weeks. Meetings held, information gathered and notes taken and messages sent out. None of the purposes and messages were aligned, confrontation was possible, battles and wars always start when one of the opposing forces believe the other force will not fight over some simple adjustment in the normal pattern. The accepted pattern.

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

What a great weekend Appleseed! ^:)^

I do hope everyone had as wonderful time as I did, it is a keeper. Beautiful weather, fine host range and hosting family, return of IIT from college for the weekend and she brought a friend to shoot an Appleseed - wow, it couldn't be written better in Hollywood. The profession volunteer crew and a humble but trying Shoot Boss. What do you mean, No 30 Cal rule?

Over five hundred rounds on target this weekend, and Ralph brought out his center fire rifles with ammunition for the crew to shoot the Memorial Volley. Adding to the power of the shot heard round the country on Patriots Day.

Pictures then I have to go to bed, there were too many camera shy shooters so the choice is limited, if I still have you by accident and it needs to go tell me.

My blog report http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-patriot-days-appleseed-shoot-boss.html

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

watzizzname

Thank you for such a great experience! Earl and his crew did a fantastic job, and I can't wait to attend again. It would be a shame not to now that Earl has my wife's name right (Lay-A... Lay-a) :)

Thanks again to everyone that made this weekend happen.

Tracey_B

Hi all. What a great weekend in Coupeville. A big thanks to all the shooters who spent their weekend with us improving their marksmanship and learning some heritage. Hope to see you all again.

Snoplop

What Tracey_B said, goes double for me.
Have to mention how nice it was to have our daughter 'Chronos' home from college for the weekend and to help out on the line. 
Brought her friend Meghan, a delight to have around and great shooter striving to improve her skills and learn more about Appleseed. 

Chronos Celebrating Patriots' Day with the Garand  O0

Another volley with recoil and the empty casing caught mid air  O0 (yep, I am proud of her - guilty as charged)

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

tionico