News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations to PHenry, ItsanSKS, Colycat & Engineer Shooting

Started by FLawyer, April 17, 2015, 12:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

When I read this information early this morning I thought I felt the earth move....  Well Deserved Gentlemen and Long Overdue for PHenry and ItsanSKS...

As most of you know, there has been a moratorium on creating new Master Instructors for several years. And there were never many MIs to begin with because the standards were so high. Think of the MIs as being the Yoda corps - they are the true masters of the craft of being a Rifleman and are charged with maintaining the quality of instruction. Today we welcome three Senior Instructors into the MI corps - ItsanSKS, Colycat and Phenry. Under our new procedures, they will undertake a yearlong mentorship designed to insure that they are prepared to carry forth the mantle of leadership in the program. Gentlemen, you do us proud. Thanks for helping to move the program forward.

And while we're at it, please welcome Engineer Shooting to the ranks of the Senior Instructors. ES handily fulfilled the criteria for promotion, is the single most productive instructor in the program, started a DAR, and is a helluva good man. Welcome, sir, and thanks for taking this on.

Huzzah and Congratulations...

FLawyer
Glenn
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

PHenry

Many thanks for kind words sir. Just means I need to work much harder and travel further - otherwise it's just words on an avatar. Only hits count - only deeds matter to Liberty.

As for long overdue - Colycat is the longest. If you've never met him - you are missing out. I got to work with Coly at Ft Stewart and he is one of the best I have ever seen. Looks a lot like Steve McQueen and just as "cool".

Most SIs have been failing to fulfill their true purpose for a long time and we need to put an end to that. I have already entered into a solemn agreement with four other SE SIs - to drop as many local events as possible and travel - more often and further, in order to maintain consistency and precision. We revere the traditions of the Founders, but I find we often fail to respect and maintain the traditions of Appleseeds. Nothing of what I saw in January 2007 in a soggy cow pasture was broken. It was amazing and the result of some very dedicated and enthusiastic instructors.

Who needs a KDC? Who needs a IBC/RBC? (trick question - we ALL do!). Smoak is working on a KDC venue and setting up a second FL IBC at his place for later in 2015. In the mean time - need to find a place that needs these events elsewhere as FL is fairly well squared away for now.

We learn today so we can teach tomorrow - passing on the traditions with simplicity and precision. A nation of Riflemen who revere Liberty above all else will always be free. Appleseeding allwos me to look my granddaughter in the eye with a clear conscience.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Agrivere

Congrats PHenry!  It has been a great pleasure of mine to get to know you and work with you several times over the past couple of years, and I hope our paths cross again soon!
"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

hogfamily

HUZZAH!

Appleseed well you must or feel our wrath you will

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Josey Wales

..Moving forward like we should, keeping this thing of ours alive. Thank you men for staying the course and always being there to lend a helping hand. Big Congratulations Master Instructors!!

..Strength & Honor..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Lonestar6

President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

JoeZ

A big congratulations Tony and the other new MI's. Well done to ES also.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Mr.Bob

Congratulations PHenry and Engineer Shooting.  Only one meeting so far but from my brief experience at Ramseur RBC these promotions have got to be long overdue and well deserved.

Errorist

What struck me most at my first event with Appleseed (Ramseur 3/15) was the dedication, knowledge, and care that the instructor team exhibited throughout the entire week of camp. Congratulations and thanks to those who give of themselves so that others can learn.

PHenry

We don't seem to have a blushing emoticon, but many thanks for all of the kind words. I promise to work harder, that I might become deserving of such high praise.  O0

Rob W.

"Give me liberty, or give me death!"
Patrick Henry

scoob

Four big congrats to you gentlemen!  Fresh horses and safe passage to you all.
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

VietVet

Congrats and thanks for all the hard work that each of you have put into our program.  O0

All very deserving of the MI title.  ^:)^
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Minutemom

Congratulations and thank you for your dedication and hard work!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

alkeford

I see this as an opportunity too punk out the lil guy just little bit More ! 

Well done Sir, It is MY honor too work with one of the greats.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Earl

This is really great news, I have met and worked with two of them, watched some of the other one's performance and I am very glad that the RWVA Appleseed program will have their best to influence all the rest of us. Especially as this could be my last year on the trail. Take care out there and hope I see you on the line. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

PHenry

Quote. Especially as this could be my last year on the trail.
Very sorry to hear that sir.  :'(