News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ideas to help Promote 23 -24 May Ladyseed

Started by fisherdawg, April 16, 2015, 12:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

TrebleShooter, who Shoot boss the LadySeed just sent these suggestion to fill the lines:

Ladyseeds are something of an entirely different breed.  The fullest LS lines I've ever had were in California, where we had huge support and recruitment from the range. 
Don't underestimate your recruiting power as a gentleman! I think my dad (RangeRat) recruits more ladies to the line for our shoots than I do!
I've opened up this message in hopes that we can get a dialogue going as to how to promote this. 
Although I'm not familiar with your area, I can throw out some suggestions and help do some research to grow the numbers.
As we know, word of mouth is our biggest recruiting tool. 
-Email: fisherdawg has this in processDone
-Fliers: Post some fliers at some hair/nail salons, craft stores, coffee shops, VFW posts, Elks lodge, etc.... fisherdawg will post a LadySeed only flier and post here done-- print them or get them form me and please post as widely as possible
-Instructors: Have every instructor in Alaska personally invite female friends and relatives, and ask them to invite their friends.  fisherdawg & Taka will poke the Instructors this weekend
-Range Support:  See if the range will let you post fliers or help you pass the word along to fill the lines. fisherdawg will make sure Range folks are pushing -- especially FourFans & Katie
-Groups: Is there a local DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) chapter there? fisherdawg has active contacts & will reach out
Please pitch in every way you can!
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hogfamily

I would suggest that husbands and boyfriends are also a good place to advertise through. Flyers at the gun counters in the local stores.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

George Hacker

You may want to reach out to TruTenacity. She ran a LS in Idaho that had around 75 attendees. It wasn't the first LS in the area, though.

George
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Medicus

I can see if Liz can line up a short stand-up presentation at American Heritage Girls, both at St Andrew and at Community Covenant. You would end up with disproportionately youth shooters but they are rolling out a new shooting sports badge this summer. It may be an opportunity to build a partnership with that organization for a subsequent tailored shoot a la Tok or the upcoming Wasilla Skeet and Trap shoot. And the parents are receptive to the message.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

DrRichP

Other groups to contact include "A Girl and A Gun", "American Heritage Girl", and "Becoming an Outdoors Woman".
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

TrebleShooter

Outstanding!
Let's keep the ideas coming.  I have no problem with large youth shoots.
Department of Wildlife contacts, hunter education classes, does anyone have any experience with this organization:
http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/women-aim-to-start-nra-shooting-club-in-fairbanks/article_c292ed2c-2cc5-11e3-a468-0019bb30f31a.html
Promoting for this shoot not only helps with the Ladyseed numbers, but will help with numbers for shoots for the rest of the year, too.  Thanks in advance for all your help. 
Tell them I'm bringing chocolate.  ;)

Nero

See if there's a "Well Armed Woman" chapter in the area; they are down in Idaho.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

George Hacker

Quote from: Nero on April 16, 2015, 03:00:26 PM
See if there's a "Well Armed Woman" chapter in the area; they are down in Idaho.

They have two chapters in Alaska: http://twawshootingchapters.org/chapter/locate/results?country_id=223&zone_id=3614

The home page on their website is busted, so it took me a minute to find the above link.

George
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

hogfamily

Is there a flyer for this?

If there is I am willing to make the rounds of the local gun counters placing them when I return from Bethel.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Medicus

Quote from: George Hacker on April 16, 2015, 03:05:25 PM
Quote from: Nero on April 16, 2015, 03:00:26 PM

They have two chapters in Alaska: http://twawshootingchapters.org/chapter/locate/results?country_id=223&zone_id=3614

The home page on their website is busted, so it took me a minute to find the above link.

George

Of course, the Anchorage chapter's next listed event is... May 23  :slap:

The Matanuska chapter meets out at our Anchor range and shouldn't have a shoot scheduled until the next weekend, tho.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

fisherdawg

Quote from: hogfamily on April 16, 2015, 03:17:22 PM
Is there a flyer for this?

If there is I am willing to make the rounds of the local gun counters placing them when I return from Bethel.
The Flier is posted at the top of the string now.  Feel free to modify the Word version if you think best.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Pete!

I made a .jpg version of the flyer so I could easily post it on Facebook.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

TrebleShooter

A few more thoughts that are running through my head as I sit at work:
- Press Releases? Local newspapers, nearby newspapers, news stations
- community calendars - again, local newspapers, event groups, recreation halls, etc....
- elected officials - mayors, city counsels, the governor, senators, reps.
- any cadet programs? - Sea cadets, Civil Air Patrol, scouts, Venture crews?
- National Guard? Anyone have an in to military up there?