News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed

Started by Sly223, April 15, 2015, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Quote from: Minutemom on July 08, 2015, 10:02:17 AM
At a Ladyseed, are the DOM stories told, or Brave Women, or both?

I usually just do more Brave Women stories than DOM. I hand out only the women playing cards to everyone on Sunday and throughout the day everyone shooters and instructors stand up and read what is on their card.

Minutemom

Oh that sounds cool!  I've never heard of using playing cards before.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

PHenry

Just got a call from a lady considering attending. She likely got my cell from one of Heather's press releases. I spent some time answering her questions and believe you will see her and her daughter.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Minutemom

Wonderful news!!

I have been talking to a young mom who would like to attend, but she's not sure she can afford it.  She's pretty low income.  Are there any avenues available to her?  Her husband has a .22 she could use, and they think they could round up some ammo, but that's about it.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

B.C.

I'll be happy to donate some 22 rounds for her if they cannot come up with any.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

TomM1Thumb

as to the above 2 posts, I too would help with 22 lr if needed. not sure at this point if I will be helping out at this event or not, The ladies I am concerned with here are in flux at the moment.

I should know more in the next 30 days or so.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Minutemom

Thank you guys for the offer to help out with the ammo.  I told her that I could help her there as well.  Tom, I you hope you are able to make it :)

Minutemom

I just checked the pre-regs for this event, and we're almost sold out!!!  Woohoo!

MossyMarksman

I would love to be at this Ladyseed. I just need to know exactly where and when it will be. You can count me in!

theri

Quote from: Minutemom on July 30, 2015, 02:36:16 PM
I just checked the pre-regs for this event, and we're almost sold out!!!  Woohoo!

Unfortunately 3 of the 13 are RWVA Memberships.  We only have 10 students signed up so far and we have room for 5 more students.
Whiskey Tango 9

malabar

had scuzzy bump up the capacity to to 18 so we can register another five students.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Minutemom

Trisha

I am all signed up to SB!  ;D

scuzzy

Quote from: Trisha on August 11, 2015, 03:09:00 PM
I am all signed up to SB!  ;D

Cool. I'll forward you an email with a question a lady had about the FL Ladyseed - she wants to attend. Just came about an hour ago.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

minnesotarabit

Hi All, sorry been absent, Mom had another mild stroke and been dealing with that and starting a new teaching position.

Does the single mom still need scholarship help, and are we full or ? If she does I will pay her fee so she can come.

Sly do you need any help cooking?

Really looking forward to next weekend.

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

smoakingun

Sly is cooking?
opening an MRE is not cooking.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

I already promised Trisha that the male instructors would do all of the cooking, cleaning and toting to leave the female instructors free to instruct.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

Fenry
It is real easy for you to voluntold my service!
Will you be there Sir?
As we could all benefit from York presence?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!