News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed

Started by Sly223, April 15, 2015, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

OK.
I have space for 15 shooters on the line.
I will get in touch with KrisAnne Hall to see if we can get her to attend.
I will also be attempting to feed the ladies. lunch both days, and, if I can get KrisAnne, supper saturday to give her a chance to speak with the ladies.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

inSANEmom

I'm in for that date. I scrolled back through to look and I'm not 100% sure on location... are we talking Hernando?
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

Minutemom

I'm in for sure.  If you can get KrisAnne, that will be icing on the cake. 

Amy, Smoak's range is in Melrose, which is up near Gainesville.  I'm looking forward to meeting you!  This should be an exciting event!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

inSANEmom

Excellent. It's on my calendar.  ;D
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

B.C.

Hello all - I'm in. I'll be happy to assist anyway I can. I have Bruce's big blue canopies. Melrose is only about an hour from my home in St Augustine.

Chris
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

theri

I have discussed this event with my wife and she wants to attend.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

She went to a regular Appleseed event with me a few years ago and did not really like it.  :(  I have tried to get her to go back to an event but had been unsuccessful. The Ladyseed is just what I needed to get her to go back to Appleseed. :)

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Minutemom

Terry, does that mean you'll be coming as a man-slave?  >:D
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Trisha

Whoever ends up being the SB for this event, I would love to share what I've done in the past at the ones I was at or Shoot Bossed for, if you're interested please pm me!

theri

Quote from: Minutemom on May 22, 2015, 04:59:17 PM
Terry, does that mean you'll be coming as a man-slave?  >:D

Absolutely. ~~:)
Whiskey Tango 9

theri

Do we know when this will appear on the Event Brite site for Ladyseeds??
Whiskey Tango 9

Sly223

I just read the responses and have been overwhelmed for a few moments.
This is a thing of beauty.
I know our forefathers would be proud of this situation.
Like NIKE "lets do it"
In Liberty,
SLY223 ..:..
Trisha pm me!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Minutemom

I already have 2 ladies lined up for this shoot.  When is it going to appear on the schedule?  They want to secure their spot on the line.

Minutemom

The Sept. 26-27 Ladyseed is on the schedule!  New thread here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=45900.0

Ladies, please go sign up now!!!!!  We need you!

Valkyrie7

I'm so sad to miss Florida's first Lady Seed, but Three'oEight and I will be out in Texas that weekend.  :-[  :'(
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

GTEngineer

We will be hosting a LadySeed event in New Market, Alabama (North Alabama) July 24/25.  I've never instructed at a LadySeed event  :sos:, if you have any tips regarding running a LadySeed event, please email me at gtengineer.appleseed@gmail.com  O0
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Trisha

Quote from: GTEngineer on June 19, 2015, 06:14:52 PM
We will be hosting a LadySeed event in New Market, Alabama (North Alabama) July 24/25.  I've never instructed at a LadySeed event  :sos:, if you have any tips regarding running a LadySeed event, please email me at gtengineer.appleseed@gmail.com  O0

PM sent

smoakingun

It's official, it's on the board. 26-27 Sept. 2015
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

Ok ladies, no more banter,
it is up,
get to TIPS and sign up lady instructors! ~~:)
Lady shooters that have read this thread spots are limited get on Even Brite ASAP to secure your spot on the line and be Part of History.
The First Annual All Ladies SMOAKINGUNSEED!
I am the Default Shoot Boss for this event Trisha has shown interest, She is a SR instructor and has much experience running Ladyseeds in other State's. So we are going to have a great oppourtunity to meet movers and shakers from all over a great chance to cross pollinate our program to ensure continuity from state to stae as all events should be run the same in principle.
But you also need innovative new ideas to keep things fresh and exciting with out changing the core principles.
That's why we are putting this together,to continually improve our program with out compromising the Spirit of Appleseed.
I am Honored just to be allowed at the event as I am sure it will be a solid learning experience.
I am getting excited and can't wait! ..:..
Maybe someone should invite FRED so you can show off for him!
In Liberty,
Sly223
P.S. Ladies this is your event, I am simply keeping the Shoot Boss chair warm,If you want it to happen at this event mention it and make it happen don't sit around and wait or it may never get done.
Utilize the "If not you, then who!"Then proceed and Do!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

Let's go ladies get signed up and bring a friend, What is the hold up?
I was told you wanted this there was a ton of talk, now let's keep our momentum.
We started great but let's not let this loose steam I want four instructors signed up by monday.
Dont quit on this!
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Miki

Some things to consider when teaching a ladyseed...in no particular order...

Make sure to bring:
Extra toilet paper
Hand sanitizer
Baby wipes (if you don't have running water)
Dish soap (gets the greasy stuff off your hands)
Nail clippers (keep reading for why)

Before snacks / lunch explain proper hand / face washing.
For those who may not be aware.
1. Wash with cold water and soap.
2. Wash again with warm water and soap.
3. Rinse with cold water.
4. Wipe the inside of mouth and nose with cool water moistened paper towel.

Other (perhaps) helpful tips:
If possible when you post AQTs alternate gray and red. Helps cut down on cross fires.
First aid for broken nail. Clip short, wash and antiseptic ointment if bleeding (glove up first), put a bandaid on, wrap with vet wrap. This is if it breaks low enough that it gets to the nail bed...which does happen when shooting.
Try to keep shooters side conversation on topic. Otherwise you'll end up with 20 of the best sweet potato recipes (which is not a bad thing at all, but wastes time).

minnesotarabit

Evening Ya'll!  My other half reminded me I had to check in and get signed up, so fix in' to do so.  About Sly and Terry being man slaves....hhmmmm... did Amazons have carbines?

Sly still open to help cook, etc. or bring things. I will probably commute or go sleep on the cat (RG, yup, did it, bought a 50' cat and she is above St. Augustine).  COB wants to mount two on the corners for zombies...

Thanks for getting this together. Are we doing special t-shirts? Let me know if you need help on this, I found a great company just did reunion shirts with, just got back from Zion-Grand Canyon-Lake Powell-Glen Canyon-Bryce in 4 (yes, 4) days!

Marilyn
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Trisha

There are special ladyseed tshirts that the SB will bring to this AS.  ;D

I love your enthusiasm!

Sly223

This is a thing of beauty.
I love it when a plan comes together.
We now have a female SB.
I will continue to support this, but not pollute it!
In liberty,
SLY
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Minutemom

Yaye Trisha!!!!!  We are working very hard behind the scenes to make sure that the line will be full.  Let's go ladies, let's make it well worth Trisha's time and effort to come and be our shoot boss!!!  HUZZAH!!!!!!

Trisha

Wait...not to make anyone upset but there hasn't been an official ok for me to come down there yet, still have something's to figure out.

colycat

Shouldn't be a problem to get a SI to FL.

Quote from: Trisha on July 01, 2015, 01:25:55 AM
Wait...not to make anyone upset but there hasn't been an official ok for me to come down there yet, still have something's to figure out.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

308LIBERTY

Ladyseed Promo Flyer:
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Ladyseed B&W Flyer:
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Minutemom

At a Ladyseed, are the DOM stories told, or Brave Women, or both?