News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed

Started by Sly223, April 15, 2015, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

This is a starter thread before the official I's & T's r crossed!
We will be having this in Appopka,Fl
At Cristie Smoaks Place we had an IBC there in the past a great venue.
We are shooting for Mid-September, we have enough female instructors now that we can cover everything but the SB position.
I will do it this year since I am spear heading this, Points of contact for now will be me and Rambo Granny.
Lets have you ladies start reporting weather you will be able to attend and in what copacity!
:) ;) ;D :cool2: O0 :bow: ^:)^ :~ :--- ..:..
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

smoakingun

The event is in Melrose, Fl. near Gainesville, at the home of Christi and Glen Smoak. I will be extending the existing line and hope to be able to acomodate, at minimum 15 shooters. The house should be done by then and we should have beds available inside, but will still have space in the shop and in the woods for those who would prefer to rough it.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

Quotewe have enough female instructors now that we can cover everything but the SB position.

No worries - about this time next year I predict that will no longer be an issue.  ^-^

OK, Sophia, Hannah and Madison - The gauntlet is throwed down. Which one of you fine young ladies will be first to make SB?  ^:)^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

DrRichP

My thoughts right now are of Jackie Wells. How very proud she would have been.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Cracker Jim

You can count my girls and my wife in.

9mm4545

RG and I will be there. Build it and they will come.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

Count me in...wouldn't want to miss this truly historic event. Go Florida! Let's see about inspiring other states to do same. How is best way to invite other states to join us here?

Hernando is only shoot in Sept & that is 12 & 13 so let's do a different weekend allowing all Fl  lady instructors & IIT s to come. It would be awesome to have Young Red Niva from GA come as she would be super inspiration to our young IITs. I will pm Dr john to see about getting that ball rolling.

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Sly223

Huzzah!
BTW let us remember it was the women that organized our countries Declaration of Independance, This is not the Declaration but look it up dont take my word for it 10 years prior 57 women sighned stating we will not hide under wigs and behind make up as do the Men!
I have reached out to Red Neiva in Ga.
I have a feeling she will visit this thread soon!
In liberty
Sly223 ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

QuoteMy thoughts right now are of Jackie Wells. How very proud she would have been.
O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

inSANEmom

Keep me in the loop. :-)
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

minnesotarabit

Hi Sly223 and RamboGrandma! Had a blast at NSB Appleseed with Grandma, she was such an inspiration and so much help, even when I got frustrated!  She and her wonderful other half and all the great instructors for the West Volusia Appleseed this last weekend were very appreciated! It was my first AS but won't be the last. My other half is so proud of his new Rifleman's patch!  Sly, please put me on the list for the September Ladyseed if you still have room, I am most interested in coming to the event. Not sure if there is any need, but willing to help cook, etc. as well if you need hands.

We may not be perfect, but we are still the best darn country in the world!

Have a blessed week -
minnesotarabit

the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Sly223

OK
Off to a great start we have over half a dozen.
I will start the process of making this official
For now continue on this thread, I will give a new redirect next week!
Huzzah!
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

minnesotarabit

Sounds like a date! Thanks for putting my name on the magic list, and I am thrilled to know Rambo Granny and her great other half are planning on attending. My other half is going to make me a custom rifle for the event...guess I must have improved enough last weekend thanks to RG and the others!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

PHterry

Is there a specific date yet other than "mid-September?"

(my first post!  woo hoooo)

Trisha

I would love to fly down and SB this  ;D

theri

Please let me know when this Ladyseed is scheduled as I hope to be able to get my better half to attend.

Thank you.

Terry Theriault (Screen Name: "theri")
8803 Reedy Branch Drive
Jacksonville, Florida 32256

theri2@comcast.net
(904) 591-5342 (cell)
(904) 538-9366 (home)
Whiskey Tango 9

PHenry

We have another ladies opportunity in dire need of, well, ladies.

On May 16th, Sat, Girls, Guns, & Rods is holding an event and would like us to have a table with rifles for show and tell along with promo materials. Great chance to get more ladies on the line of this Ladyseed. We just need some ladies well acquainted with our mission to talk to attendees and hand out promo materials.

Location: Cypress House B&B & Horse Ranch 5175 CR 631C Bushnell, FL 33513

who's in?

TomM1Thumb

HeY Trey could You Give Us all a little more Info Like where? We now know when.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

PHenry

Tom,
I added it above - thanks for reminder!

9mm4545

Right now the only shoot we have in September is on the 12-13th in Hernando. I would propose any other weekend but that one. Late September "might" be cooler than earlier. Anyone want to boldly step out and set a date so we can get this on the books or can we just say September 26-27 and git 'er done?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

minnesotarabit

Think the most important is to make sure it is most convenient to the shoot boss and the instructors. We can adapt with enough warning, like good riflemen :)

rambo granny

Just helped do Georgia's first LADYSEED. lucky Lori and I brought a bit of FL to help our GA sisters: Red Niva, Gretchen, and Fabricators Gal. they do have interest in coming to FL first LADYSEED but we need to set time to it...Are the ladies here in FL good with the Sept 26 & 27 Bruce threw out? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP FL cadre ladies!  Red NIVA has much going on &!needs advance time. this 16 year old Red Hat is my hero and would be awesome for our 3 new IIT young ladies.
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Minutemom

I guess I've been absent from the board for awhile, because I am just now seeing this!  Count me in!!  September 26-27 works for me - let's set this in stone soon because my calendar fills up scary fast.  I'm so excited for our first ever Ladyseed, and meeting the FL female cadre!  Woohoo!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

rambo granny

THANKS Minutemom! 
Who else is IN for the Sept 26 & 27 date??? Everyone REPLY ASAP PLEASE. We are about to leave town and need to get this nailed down.

Minutemom

I'm definitely in for Sept. 26-27!  Trisha, if you could come down to shoot boss this event, that would be AMAZING!  Come on ladies, let's do this!!!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

9mm4545

After an overwhelming outpouring of support for the SEPT. 26-27 date (well, both of you), we have unofficially selected that date as the time of the first Ladyseed in Florida. Until it actually appears on the national schedule it will be unofficial but mark your calendars now. If you are a lady instructor we need you to make this the best Ladyseed in the country. If you are a male instructor, you can come as a man slave/fixer/gopher/fetcher--or in drag. We hope to attract a real lady shoot boss to run this and an all female instructor staff. The location will be announced as soon as the host agreement is finalized and we should have this one on the books in the next week or so.

Minutemom

Yes!!!  So exciting!

malabar

Quote from: PHenry on April 25, 2015, 04:38:59 PM
We have another ladies opportunity in dire need of, well, ladies.

On May 16th, Sat, Girls, Guns, & Rods is holding an event and would like us to have a table with rifles for show and tell along with promo materials. Great chance to get more ladies on the line of this Ladyseed. We just need some ladies well acquainted with our mission to talk to attendees and hand out promo materials.

Location: Cypress House B&B & Horse Ranch 5175 CR 631C Bushnell, FL 33513

who's in?

Folks,

I'll be there with my better half, who is much more charming than I. But I would love to get any available Appleseed women to stop by and help out. I've been asked by the organizers to do a seminar on choosing a gun and cleaning a gun, so we need other folks to man the booth. Besides,  we need GIRLS at an event for Girls & Guns.

Who can come?

tk

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Red Niva

I will commit to September 26-27 if it's official! I am super excited to attend Floridas first Ladyseed after experiencing Georgia's first. It will be a pleasure to work with and meet all who attend. I'll see if my mother, Gretchen, to come!

Hannah
"Darkness is returning to Paradise. Are you ready?" Johnny Drake

"From the desert has come a voice crying in the wilderness, and his name is John. Johnny Drake to be more precise. But ask his disciples and they will tell you his mission is no less defined than the mission of John the Baptist, who first introduced the Light from heaven to the world over two thousand years ago. The multitudes listened to John, who told them that Jesus of Nazareth was the Way to God. Then Herod toke John's head.
  Now the question begs us: Will the world listen to Johnny Drake? And who will take his head?"   Quote from the book, "Sinner" by Ted Dekker

smoakingun

set the date in stone.
as soon as I get the paperwork filled out, all info will be available.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson