News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO APRIL 11-12, 2015 AFTER ACTION REPORT

Started by NorCal22Gal, April 14, 2015, 01:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

April weather in Sacramento....What better time to have a Patriots Day event!!!

8 Americans on Sat and 10 Americans on Sunday came out to learn some marksmanship skills and hear the story of their heritage.
Saturday, we began with our safety briefing, then brought rifles to the line and shot the first Red Coat of the weekend.
We turned on the fire hose of information and these students soaked up the information and began shrinking their groups. 
We stopped for lunch and told the Strikes.  Well told by everyone. 
Back to the line, finished up the instruction and on to a few AQT's before the final Red Coat.  There were some nice looking targets before the end of the day.  There were also a couple of almost cleared Red Coats. 
I presented Matt with a Young Patriot's patch and presented all the students with the commemorative patch. (It is very nice looking if you haven't seen it!)
Sunday saw a repeat of the nice weather, a bit warmer and breezy, but otherwise perfect.
We added 2 more students attending their 3rd Appleseed.
We started off with review of the safety and the morning Red Coat.  It was clear with the results that the information they learned on Saturday was beginning to take hold. 
It was very clear during the review and shooting squares that the information from the day before was helping.
We stopped for lunch and the telling of the DOM's and Dames. 
After lunch, Vinnie brought out his Brown Bess (reproduction but cool anyway) and treated us to a "Shot Heard Round the World". 
After, the Bess was cleared we did the Liberty Volley and it never fails to give me goose bumps.  Reading the names, hearing the volley and knowing we are honoring those men...  The students did an awesome job with the Volley.
The afternoon was filled with AQT's.  No new rifleman scores, but some are very, very close.  We did have one repeat score...after Vinnie fished it out of the trash can... Jeff, who made rifleman a couple months ago, scored a 217.  Nice work Jeff!!
A final Red Coat, and sending the British down the little side road toward Boston and we were wrapping up another wonderful weekend.
Thanks to all the participants for coming out and making this a truly AWESOME event.
Thanks to all my instructors for coming out. You are AWESOME!

Your instructor list:
Name         Forum name
Laurie         NorCal22Gal   Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Matthew      ScoutCamper
Mike         Neve
Missy         Missy
Melissa         Melissa
Vinnie         Vinnie
Walter         Walter
Linda         Ducky
Elliott         WinterRider

scoutcamper

:pics:

polygunner

Hi all,
Looks like a great day in Sac. and another wonderful Appleseed event.

My question is....
How can I get one of those neat patriots day patches? I need one, bad. ^:)^
Maybe Castro Valley nest weekend.

pg

NorCal22Gal