News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Convention April 10-12, 2015

Started by tncolonel, April 14, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tncolonel

We hoped you found your visit to the Project Appleseed booth at the NRA Convention in Nashville Tennessee on April 10-12 to be informative and our volunteers helpful.  Please feel free to leave comments and photos.

Maximum Ordinate

Since....  :pics:

I've collected some pics, credit to TejasLady, OldNavyDoc, and GTEngineer.  (Thanks guys!)  Everything that was sent to me is here, even a couple of blurry ones.   ;D

Here's the Photobucket link!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Lonestar6

First, congratulations to the team that ran the NRAAM booth this year; y'all did an excellent job!  Everyone looked sharp and did a great job of representing the program.

Coming into the hall I knew what the general location of the booth was, having the tall pillar towering above all else made it real easy to find.

I think the shape if the booth made it challenging to use the space effectively, yet the team worked it out successfully.

The shirts looked great again this year. I noticed the switch from black pants to tan; that looked nice as well.

There is debate elsewhere regarding the certificates/range dates cards. We had the range dates last year and I thought it was great that we were able to offer a free cert to boot this year. After the debate I still think this is an excellent addition.

Congratulations again on a job well done!
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

BeSwift

Thoroughly impressed by the quality, professionalism, organization, and dedication of the vols who brought this to fruition and executed it flawlessly. It's an honor to be associated with such fine folks!  :bow: Simply a great job by everyone  O0  O0 O0
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Sadman

It was my distinct pleasure to work with and meet you all. 

Res"Q"John

Hate  :-[ that I was unable to attend. Love the photos, saw quite a few of my good friends and fellow Appleseeders. Looks like everyone had a great time and our mission was shared with many. My only question is: Where do I sign up to volunteer for next year in Lexington? I mean Louisville!
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry

Rascal21

John, would have been a blast with you. You do mean Louisville for next year though right?

Stace

Quote from: Res"Q"John on April 15, 2015, 03:15:24 PM
Hate  :-[ that I was unable to attend. Love the photos, saw quite a few of my good friends and fellow Appleseeders. Looks like everyone had a great time and our mission was shared with many. My only question is: Where do I sign up to volunteer for next year in Lexington?

Res"Q"John

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry

GoldFish

Can someone post a picture of the booth backdrops used this year?  I'd love to see the new designs!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Two Wolves

Goldfish, there's a photobucket link on Rusty's entry above. Lots of pictures. I saw some with the booth in it. Hope this helps. Regards, Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

EZ3

Quote from: GoldFish on April 15, 2015, 04:49:24 PM
Can someone post a picture of the booth backdrops used this year?  I'd love to see the new designs!

Seriously?  You remind me of an old Carly Simon song!    ^-^
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

colycat

I liked everything I saw on the slide show.  Great looking booth, sharp uniform and I really liked the tall tables that were used to good effect.

Nice job Poet O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

ThePoet

Thanks for the kind words, colycat.  I can't take the credit though.  We had an outstanding team of hard working volunteers who made it all happen!

Quote from: colycat on April 15, 2015, 09:06:13 PM
I liked everything I saw on the slide show.  Great looking booth, sharp uniform and I really liked the tall tables that were used to good effect.

Nice job Poet O0

Rayne

I am a little surprised by this picture.  Last year we were specifically asked that if we carried it should be concealed.  We had some very strong open carry advocates that still abided to this request for the greater good of AS.  Was this issue addressed this year? 

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

GTEngineer

Open carry is legal in TN with a valid license.  There were other visitors to the convention who open carried, and one news report I read indicated at least 40% of the people attending the convention were carrying open or concealed.  No big deal.

As for everyone who stopped by the booth.  Thank you everyone for stopping by and learning about Project Appleseed.  We hope that you will put that certificate to good use and attend one near you!

To all the fellow volunteers who helped staff the booth, thank you all for taking on this challenge and it was a pleasure and  honor to meet and work with you all.

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

AAOptics

Quote from: GTEngineer on April 15, 2015, 10:35:39 PM
Open carry is legal in TN with a valid license. 

As it is in Indiana sir.

Lonestar6

GTE, while I agree with your point, open carry is just as legal in Indianapolis which is why I think Rayne posed the question. My personal observation was their were fewer folks carrying this year, however I do not have more than empirical observation. 

All that said, y'all did a phenomenal job and I am proud to be counted amongst you.
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

GoldFish

Quote from: EZ3 on April 15, 2015, 08:28:31 PM

Lee, I'm not even sure I know what that means! ;D
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

TruTenacity

Wow! What a set-up. Looks like great success.
Thanks, Rusty, for posting the link to the pictures. I always wanted to go to the convention. I guess I did this year and didn't even know it. I cropped one of the pictures to use as my avatar.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Maximum Ordinate

You're welcome, Tru.  I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I volunteered to help host pics and I think there may be some more coming.  :-)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

EZ3

Quote from: GoldFish on April 16, 2015, 01:54:50 AM
Quote from: EZ3 on April 15, 2015, 08:28:31 PM

Lee, I'm not even sure I know what that means! ;D

It means I couldn't restrain myself from teasing you about the picture in Rusty's "Reply #1" and the smilin' face under the "EE" in "FREEDOM".   
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Laredo

Impressive booth.  Great work!  Uniforms!  Wow!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

GoldFish

I thought it was kind of interesting that AS used several individuals' photos that I know didn't sign off on

GTEngineer

Quote from: GoldFish on April 16, 2015, 10:31:21 AM
I thought it was kind of interesting that AS used several individuals' photos that I know didn't sign off on

GoldFish, if you can provide us (Rusty and me via PM) with the information on whose photos I need to edit out, I'll be happy to do so.  If you are referring to the booth artwork, please contact ThePoet directly.

All other volunteers, if you would like your photo to be edited out for privacy, please contact me and Rusty via PM and we'll take care of it.

edit: added booth artwork
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Hop

Hello from the guy wearing the fancy green Appleseed shirt.  I worked for NRAAM this year not AS but stopped in several times.

I'd love to see some rifles in the booth that are common on the line at an event... because... I'm one of the NRAAM firearms inspectors & I get to play with them.  ;)

GoldFish

I personally don't mind, but there might be individuals that do not want their pictures on national level promo material. That may want to be looked into and cleared up for the future.

Quote from: GTEngineer on April 16, 2015, 12:07:28 PM

GoldFish, if you can provide us (Rusty and me via PM) with the information on whose photos I need to edit out, I'll be happy to do so.  If you are referring to the booth artwork, please contact ThePoet directly.

All other volunteers, if you would like your photo to be edited out for privacy, please contact me and Rusty via PM and we'll take care of it.

BeSwift

If you KNOW an attributable pic, then please PM ThePoet with specifics about which pic(s), who it's attributed to, and what proof you have of such.. If you're going to level an accusation, please back it up with specifics and backup, via PM, so we can get it rectified. It's important...  Thx  B

Quote from: GoldFish on April 16, 2015, 02:34:06 PM
I personally don't mind, but there might be individuals that do not want their pictures on national level promo material. That may want to be looked into and cleared up for the future.

Quote from: GTEngineer on April 16, 2015, 12:07:28 PM

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Roswell

Great job on the booth and y'all look great!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

TN.Chaplain

My wife and I were able to work the booth on Saturday for the first half of the day.  We had a great time sharing AS with folks coming by the booth.  I want to thank the team that did all the behind the scenes work just to get everything ready for the show.  The booth and promo items didn't just magically appear on Friday morning, so again, thank you.
     It also felt good that as we visited other booths, during the time we weren't working, the vendors that knew of AS and had true respect for what we do.  Looking forward to next year in Louisville!
Patriot = An Everyday American That Has Had Enough!

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata