News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Six more dates at Leetown Gun Club

Started by Bruce in WV, April 13, 2015, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce in WV

It looks like we'll get 5 dates approved (with a 6th a strong "maybe") by the Leetown Gun Club for the remainder of 2015. This is a great opportunity to get local club members involved at the same time we offer opportunities to the local community. Brian is going full bore to organize AS folks to support these shoots, and we're looking forward to a wonderful year.

That makes 8 shoots at the Leetown IWLA this year - thanks AS!

navybowhunter

Awesome news!  Hopefully by the end of this year, WV will become self sufficient with their own instructor corps.

Standing by for the dates.

R/
Chris

Bruce in WV

It looks like we'll get the following 2015 AS shoot dates approved by the Leetown Gun Club's BoD at the April 21st membership meeting (based on the dates Brian proposed). I'll submit the final shoot application after that meeting and we'll verify the schedule.

June 27 - yes
July 11 - yes
August 29 - yes
October 3 - yes
November 14 - yes

December 5th - maybe

Double A Ron

Double A Ron checking in.  I am going now to write the dates on the calendar.  This is awesome and I am very excited.  I will be telling people in the area to be watching for the dates on the AS websight.  There are several people looking at attending one of these events.  I will continue to 7th step.   

BeSwift

Dates will hopefully be hot for sign up towards the end of this month.   
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Bruce in WV

Can you give me a guide for signing up via the 'hot link' you're talking about.
Our membership is very interested in getting some family members on the firing line, and I'd like to hand out the guidance (even if its general, and doesn't contain a specific link) on the meeting on April 21st. Its very important to get our members involved in shoots if we want to guarantee using the club in the future.
ETA: I'll be handing out this flyer (atch'd) at the membership meeting. It gives potential attendees a lot of useful information pulled from this site.
Thanks!

navybowhunter

Bruce,

The "hot link" will be here when dates are posted live:
http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-map.php

I understand completely about "getting the club onboard" as I am living that at my home range.  One thing that has helped me sell the shoots at my club, is Libertyseed events as well.  We have with some success been able to recruit attendees by hosting "Libertyseed" events at the club, and also in the local area.

Libertyseed, is simply the story of 19 April 1775 without the marksmanship training.  However, it provides an excellent opportunity to talk for a few minutes about the history of Project Appleseed, and what Appleseed has to offer.

These can be done at your club during or before a scheduled membership meeting, or even at local community groups, churches, Masonic lodges, VFW's etc.  Anywhere that people will have us for at least an hour, we can do a Libertyseed event.

I understand that WV now has 3 Instructors in Training, and we can surely work with those instructors to prepare them to deliver a Libertyseed presentation.

Here is the link to "Libertyseed", and what it is all about:
http://www.libertyseed.org/

We could also possibly host a Libertyseed for your club, on a Saturday afternoon/evening during one of the dates you have scheduled.  If that is something you would be interested in, let us know.

R/
Chris

Bruce in WV

Last night the Board of Directors and membership of the Jefferson County Chapter IWLA, Leetown Gun Club (http://iwlawv.org/), approved June 27, July 11, August 29, Oct 3, and Nov 14 of 2015 for one day Appleseed Project shoots using the rimfire range at our facility located at 10435 Leetown Road, Kearneysville, WV. An additional shoot date in December is pending usage figures for the earlier shoots.

I distributed flyers to our members giving them information on signing up to participate, costs, preparing for the shoot, etc. We're hoping for increased participation by our members in the 2015 shoots, and will be promoting the events at every monthly membership meeting for the remainder of the year.       

We're looking forward to continuing the very positive experience we had in the past with these new shoots. A number of our members and Board of Directors observed previous shoots at our facility and have been favorably impressed with the program and the way you run your shoots. I'll be working on an article for the IWLA national publication talking about or positive experience with these events and our sponsorship for more shoots in 2015

Double A Ron

Bruce,  Just wanted to take the time and thank you and the others involved in keeping Appleseed moving forward here in WV.   O0  I hope to be at all of the events as a IIT. 

Aaron

Bruce in WV

I look forward to meeting all the volunteers and personally thanking you for your hard work. Its a heckuva team!

Bruce in WV

The BoD approved the dates, signed the new Host Application and has started publicizing the events for members to sign up. The registration links are hot, and folks are already signing up.
Thanks to all!