News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lewiston ID April 11-12

Started by Rizzin, April 13, 2015, 02:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzin

Started Saturday with 6 shooters and a little rain. Rain let up by the end of the day and we finished out with 2 AQTs and 1 new Riflemen (Yea Ben!)

Sunday no rain but slightly cool and breezy with only 5 shooters back to the line. By the end of the day we had 3 more of our shooters in the 180's to 190s but could not quite get them over that final hump. Sent them all home with individual recommendations on what to work on for the next event

(pictures once I get a chance to download them from my camera)

Earl

I had a great time, and I would say that the third step of making the shot is burned into Mike's mind, and he doesn't even have to spell it out for me.

Recommended for all, lots of dry practice with six steps, rifleman's cadence and NPOA checks before squeezing triggers.

Long drives, but lots of great memories and I do thank you all for making my weekend special.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

MTRisner

Agreed.  It was a very special weekend.  Thank you to every instructor that came out to make the shoot happen.  Thank you to each shooter that showed up and had such great attitudes the whole weekend.  I particularly enjoyed sharing at least one day of Appleseed with my son.

Each shooter has all the tools they need to become Rifleman, just follow the advice of the instructors and practice, practice, practice.  Thanks again for a great weekend.  And thanks for the photos Earl!
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."     ~ John Adams (A letter to Abigail Adams; Philadelphia, Saturday evening, 26 April, 1777)

�...Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about,...�     ~Lord Hugh Percy

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."     ~ Ben Franklin

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"     ~ Patrick Henry

TruTenacity

The best part of this event for the Redneck Clan was for these two to finally meet each other.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9