News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN - AAR - 04 April 2015

Started by TJ Kackowski, April 05, 2015, 09:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Kackowski

The day before Easter was a beautiful Spring day in Indiana that found 15 fine Americans off their couches and on the firing line learning to be better marksmen and about their heritage.  This one-day event kicked off Indiana's Patriot's day celebration in high fashion with noticeable marksmanship improvements by all, a new rifleman, several requalifying riflemen, and an inspirational Memorial Volley.

Congratulations to our requalifying Riflemen, Joe and Paul, and a special congratulation to Bruce for scoring Rifleman at his first Appleseed, and on both of the AQT's we shot!

Once again we found that half our line was comprised of dad's with their sons (and a mom along this time for good measure).  The children are certainly being taken care of here in Indiana.

The only downside is that the Shoot Boss didn't take any photos or record the Rifleman scores.

gopher

TJ,

Thanks for a super enjoyable day at the range learning proper rifleman technique. For the record, I scored a 212 and a 217.

I started shooting around 3 years ago and have taken a few NRA classes (handgun, rifle, shotgun) but nothing at the level of Appleseed as far as instruction on precision shooting is concerned.

I spent a considerable amount of time reading up on how to use a loop sling (and bought one from the Appleseed store!) before I came to the event. I put close to 1000 rounds down my 10/22 since January practicing for Appleseed (not easy with good .22 LR being a little scarce). I mostly practiced standing as I thought that would be the hardest to master. In hindsight, I think I should have practiced more prone as that counts for 150 of the possible 250 points in the AQT. If you don't do well prone, you probably won't make Rifleman.

Also thanks to Brian, Alex (orange hat, instructor in training if I have my Appleseed hats correct) and the rest of the team there on Saturday. You all made for a safe and fun day!
1st Appleseed -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015
Rifleman -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015

brianheeter

What a great group!  What great weather!  What a great way to spend a Saturday!

Congratulations to our Riflemen and a big thanks to everybody that got off the couch and came to learn about the history of our great nation, our shared heritage and to improve their marksmanship.  It was great to see family and friends together enjoying the freedoms that the founding generation won for us.  It's our job to ensure that we pass those freedoms on to the next generation.

Pictures?  SpongeBob and I got just a few pictures when we weren't making sure that everybody was shooting by the numbers and trusting their NPOA.

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

HamsterStyle

We all had a blast. Both my wife and son want to do a full weekend. Happy husband /dad here!!!

HamsterStyle

We had such  a great time.  The wife and son both showed improvements all day. Aidan is ready  to come back right now. Heather wants to come back only after she has had time to practice and master the positions and npoa so she can shoot rifleman. I know that she can and will get her patch. Aidan will too with time. I would like to get there as well  but will focus my time and effort on helping them because I get as much or more joy watching them enjoy the sport that I love. Everyone  that worked this weekend was a great help in every way shape and foRm.  Now, to find more 22 ammo!!!

brianheeter

HamsterStyle,

It was great to see you out there with your family.  We had a lot of "family representation" at this shoot and that always is encouraging.  Not only are you spending time together as a family but you are all learning valuable skills (marksmanship, responsibility) and gaining an appreciation for those that came before us.  I can't think of a better way to spend a day.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!