News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Federal Ammo opportunity

Started by grunt soldier, March 31, 2015, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

Just making sure our State coordinators know scuzzy posted it but it doesn't appear us lowly shoot bosses have access to it.  please pass along the details of this to us.  I know I recruited a lot of families last year with this ammo!  Would be great to have some more this year
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Rayne

Quote from: grunt soldier on March 31, 2015, 08:43:07 PM
Just making sure our State coordinators know scuzzy posted it but it doesn't appear us lowly shoot bosses have access to it.  please pass along the details of this to us.  I know I recruited a lot of families last year with this ammo!  Would be great to have some more this year

What Grunt said.
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

TJ Kackowski

Hell, us lowly State Coordinators don't even have access to the information.  However, a PM to scuzzy and now Brian and I have the intel ... this is a cash up front deal AFTER you get approved.

I'll be discussing more with Brian today to see what's possible ... need to get to the office first to have better interweb access.

After approval (a 3 - 5 day process per scuzzy), any ideas on how we might be able to swing the cash up front part of this offer?

DrRichP

Quote from: TJ Kackowski on April 01, 2015, 05:27:27 AMAny ideas on how we might be able to swing the cash up front part of this offer?

So I'll offer this as a possible solution to how to finance the ammo program. Last year in WI we participated in the ammo program. One of our SBs put up the money for the ammo and kept the receipt. He then came to our clubs board meeting, spoke with a board member and explained how the ammo was being used for kids. A motion was made and the board agreed to reimburse him for the cost of the ammo from our gun clubs Youth Fund. The motion was unanimously carried. That's one option.

A second option is via an NRA grant. Last year Mutti applied for an NRA grant and received $1,000.00. I think she posted about it in the SC board.

I don't know if either option would work for each of you or your particular circumstances, but they are ideas worth exploring. The former worked for us, the latter may also be an option. Good luck.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

TJ Kackowski

Thanks for the insights DrRichP.

If I'm ever granted permission to visit the SC (State Coordinator?  South Carolina? scuzzy's cool?) area of the forum, I'll check out what Mutti has to say.

Working with a local range on the other hand ... well, we have access to that without anybody's permission.  This has some potential.

Rayne

Quote from: TJ Kackowski on April 01, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
Thanks for the insights DrRichP.

If I'm ever granted permission to visit the SC (State Coordinator?  South Carolina? scuzzy's cool?) area of the forum, I'll check out what Mutti has to say.

Working with a local range on the other hand ... well, we have access to that without anybody's permission.  This has some potential.

TJ, don't go the NRA route, Mutti had to tactfully return the grant money due to being unable to get a signature.  I have her email if you'd like to talk to her about it.  She's left the program remember. 
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

scuzzy

Quote from: TJ Kackowski on April 01, 2015, 05:27:27 AM
Hell, us lowly State Coordinators don't even have access to the information.  However, a PM to scuzzy and now Brian and I have the intel ... this is a cash up front deal AFTER you get approved.

Oops - I guess I forgot to set your forum profile to be SC. Fixed.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

grunt soldier

I'll pay for one case upfront.  I give away enough of this stuff as it is.  so I'm sure we can all get together.  what are we limited at per state now?  15k again
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

ITB

Quote from: grunt soldier on April 02, 2015, 05:34:11 PM
I'll pay for one case upfront.  I give away enough of this stuff as it is.  so I'm sure we can all get together.  what are we limited at per state now?  15k again

Limit this year is 5 cases of CCI (25k rounds), or 8 cases of Federal Automatch (26k) rounds.

I created a new post so every instructor can see it, including the order form for download - CLICK HERE
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23